Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Giancarlo Stanton collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
29goboi.jpg

I don't think I ever showed off the 2014 Strata. Got the 2015 in today.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
In the parlance of our times, sick. Do you go for quality over quantity? I mean, do you have all the base cards and inserts and whatnot? Or do you just focus on the real hardware?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
In the parlance of our times, sick. Do you go for quality over quantity? I mean, do you have all the base cards and inserts and whatnot? Or do you just focus on the real hardware?

I go after whatever appeals to me. It makes no difference if it costs $1 or $1000. Hell, my favorite card is the 2013 Opening Day 3-D Stars, because lenticular rules.
2zjlzyo.jpg

I try to pick up as many base and cheap inserts as I can, but they aren't a priority. I try to wait until Burbank or other large volume sellers stock up, then buy as many as I can. Shipping charges make buying cheap cards individually cost prohibitive.

I'll usually save up funds before certain products are released. I've been extremely lucky that several of the specific cards I want have been pulled - the Five Star logos, the Museum laundry tag, etc. I'm done buying logos - I'm not really sure what else there is that I don't have. One huge one is the 2013 WBC USA flag that's on eBay. The seller wants way too much.

I had a deal in place to buy the 2010 Topps Chrome Super auto. Told the guy it'd take me a week or two to get the funds, but my offer was $200 more than what he was asking. He ended up selling it as I finished getting the funds together for $500 less than what I was gonna pay. To make matters worse, I sold my SGC 92 Gretzky RC to afford it. It was nicer than the two PSA 9's I've owned. If I had the time, I would have crossed it to PSA. Definite 8.5, and probably a 9 if I cracked it.
FYI, PSA 8.5's sell for $5k+ and the last 9 sold for $30,000. Ugh.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
****ing outstanding cards ! You know how much I love LTP and this collection ! Hopefully you'll be able to get that '10 TC Super Auto !

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
After looking again, I realized it's been awhile since I've posted anything other than the Strata

4ifqz4.jpg

nosowx.jpg

dwqrec.jpg

120hsg5.jpg

Members online

No members online now.