Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps and New Era Cap Company team up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
BUFFALO, NY (June 2, 2016) – New Era Cap, a global lifestyle brand and official on-field cap of Major League

Baseball, and The Topps Company, the exclusive trading card partner of MLB, today announced that for the first

time the two iconic baseball licensees will be partnering on an exciting trading card set, which will be available

starting June 3 exclusively at participating LIDS stores in the U.S.

The set will feature New Era’s nine MLB Ambassadors, including Bryce Harper, Buster Posey, Jacob deGrom,

Andrew McCutchen, Josh Donaldson, Dellin Betances, Joc Pederson, Kyle Schwarber and Marcus Stroman. Fans

will receive one pack including four limited-edition cards when purchasing any New Era MLB cap at any of the

more than 800 participating LIDS, Locker Room by LIDS and LIDS Clubhouse stores in the U.S.. Fans will receive

one card pack per purchased cap, while supplies last.

Fans will also be able to collect player autograph and cap memorabilia cards in select card packs. For the first

time ever, New Era and Topps will be offering swatches of player-worn MLB Authentic Collection 59FIFTY caps in

relic cards (numbered to 99) randomly inserted into the card packs.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• toppsnewera1.PNG
    toppsnewera1.PNG
    392.5 KB · Views: 247
  • toppsnewera2.PNG
    toppsnewera2.PNG
    375.3 KB · Views: 248
  • toppsneweraharper.PNG
    toppsneweraharper.PNG
    130.1 KB · Views: 366
  • toppsneweraposey.PNG
    toppsneweraposey.PNG
    125.3 KB · Views: 369

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Very cool. Question: The article states that the cards are limited edition, but I don't see anything special about them. Do they have different pictures, numbering, etc?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I would take "limited edition" to mean the made a few thousand, since apparently they contain "player-worn" swatches. Like,"Here, Bryce, put this stack of 24 caps on your head for 1 second. OK thanks. Now we'll cut them up into little pieces to cadge other bros into paying $40 for the same hat."

Distribution is bound to be shady. The recent HS dropout working at Lids will take the whole box of cards to sell on ebay, and anyone coming in to look for them will be told that "supplies didn't last long."

Yes, I'm in kind of a pissy mood this morning.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
I would take "limited edition" to mean the made a few thousand, since apparently they contain "player-worn" swatches. Like,"Here, Bryce, put this stack of 24 caps on your head for 1 second. OK thanks. Now we'll cut them up into little pieces to cadge other bros into paying $40 for the same hat."

Distribution is bound to be shady. The recent HS dropout working at Lids will take the whole box of cards to sell on ebay, and anyone coming in to look for them will be told that "supplies didn't last long."

Yes, I'm in kind of a pissy mood this morning.

Ready what the new era rep said. These are game used.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO ONE PLUS using Freedom Card Board mobile app

A_Pharis

This is how it's most likely to go:

attachment.php

"Needless to say..."

Let's check his "About" section -

attachment.php

Just like most promo releases. Some guy gets the hookup. My guess is he's holding back the autos and GU he scored.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 173

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I can see this promotion going bad quickly. You have minimum wage employees seeing an opportunity to make some easy money by selling off these packs to someone who is going to come around waving some cash. Lets be honest. These types of promotions never do well and are usually taken advantage of by workers who need quick easy money that are selling to dealers/collectors who also want quick, easy money. We have seen it through the years at McDonalds, Burger king, Denny's and many other establishments where packs are given out with purchase.

Great concept just not well executed.

It would be better for Lids to provide a receipt and certificate be sent to a fulfillment house and packs be sent directly to the consumer. Sure, it is an added expense but at least the target market is assured of having the premium they were promised.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
I can see this promotion going bad quickly. You have minimum wage employees seeing an opportunity to make some easy money by selling off these packs to someone who is going to come around waving some cash. Lets be honest. These types of promotions never do well and are usually taken advantage of by workers who need quick easy money that are selling to dealers/collectors who also want quick, easy money. We have seen it through the years at McDonalds, Burger king, Denny's and many other establishments where packs are given out with purchase.

Great concept just not well executed.

It would be better for Lids to provide a receipt and certificate be sent to a fulfillment house and packs be sent directly to the consumer. Sure, it is an added expense but at least the target market is assured of having the premium they were promised.

It hasn't been executed yet.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO ONE PLUS using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts