Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Advice needed Please.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr148927

Aug 8, 2008
boston
Hello Everyone,
I run a charity here in Mass. . I was recently given quite a number of Ted Williams 8X10 autographs, along with a number of older Red Sox player 8X10 autographs. Some are framed, and matted some are not. Most of them have certs, however, they are not PSA/DNA, or any of the bigger names in certification. They all do have some kind of cert though. As a charity we are unable to afford to send them in, to receive certs from the bigger name companies. I have thought about ebaying them, but I have a low rating, as I have not sold on there in years. Any suggestions on what to do, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul

mr148927

Aug 8, 2008
boston
Hi Guys, I will get some pictures up this afternoon for you. I will PM you when they are up..
Thanks,
Paul

mr148927

Aug 8, 2008
boston
Sheetskout,
I talked to a few people about it, and they want crazy %... I understand the fees etc, but they are asking for between 30-40% of final sales on top of fees. While I am not sure what people are charging for consignment, seems awfully high to me. Please correct me if I am wrong..
Does Boomo still do consignment ?

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Sheetskout,
I talked to a few people about it, and they want crazy %... I understand the fees etc, but they are asking for between 30-40% of final sales on top of fees. While I am not sure what people are charging for consignment, seems awfully high to me. Please correct me if I am wrong..

Yes, Boomo does still do consignment. If that is the route you are looking to go, I would definitely talk to him about it.

mr148927

Aug 8, 2008
boston
If anyone would like to see the pictures, please PM me your email addy. I will be glad to send over the list of non framed 8X10 autos, and all other framed autos. and Ted stuff. I was blown away by what was in this package.... I have to do some research on prices, but I am sure if you like something we can work something out ...
Thanks,
Paul

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
I'd still probably get them authenticated. Ted Williams has one of the most forged signatures in the hobby.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
1) Post a couple of images in here, there are some really good eyes in this forum. All be it, none of us are "experts", but there are a few members that can give you a rather trustworthy opinion on their probable authenticity. In the end, that is all PSA or JSA is giving anyways, an opinion. :)

2) How many pictures are you talking that you are looking to sell? Not everyone is looking to make a buck to help someone else out, especially if a charity is the benefit of the funds raised. I know that I would be more than willing to help you sell some free of charge for my services (obviously eBay, paypal and shipping fees would be deducted from the ending price).

3) Before anyone starts to sell them, might not be a bad idea to put one up on ebay and get a PSA quick opinion before a lot of leg work gets going on these.

4) Finally, some might be willing to take a chance at a Williams auto thru FCB vs selling on eBay, that would save a ton on fees.

mr148927

Aug 8, 2008
boston
Musial Collector, I need photobucket to upload pictures to here yes? If so may I email them to you , as I do not have a photobucket account... If so please PM your addy , and I will send a few over..
Thanks Paul

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Sheetskout,

When I run consignment listings, I only charge 15%. Anything else seems too high, IMO.

mr148927

Aug 8, 2008
boston
Just to let everyone know, who is looking for pics. I just emailed Musial Collector some photos. He will post them for me, as I cannot figure how to upload them to the site..:(
Thanks Paul

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Here are a couple of shots that Paul provided

ted1.jpg

ted2.jpg

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Are these for sale? What are the asking prices? Please post or send a PM. Thank you. Especially interested in the Williams/Mantle - I have the picture in color, but not autographed.

Also, I am no expert, but those look legit to me!

Members online

Latest posts