Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It's a joke, right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
My SI came in the mail and the front cover is SI Sportsman of the Year.... Madison Bumgarner!

If you are going to make a MLB'er the Sportsman of the Year, I'd have to give it to Kershaw - by far better regular season stats, played on a better team for the marathon, and is a great humanitarian with what he does for charities.

The only thing I"d give in the "pro" column for MadBum being SOY is that he had a magical world series.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
My SI came in the mail and the front cover is SI Sportsman of the Year.... Madison Bumgarner!

If you are going to make a MLB'er the Sportsman of the Year, I'd have to give it to Kershaw - by far better regular season stats, played on a better team for the marathon, and is a great humanitarian with what he does for charities.

The only thing I"d give in the "pro" column for MadBum being SOY is that he had a magical world series.

No, SI Sportsman of the Year isn't based on regular season stats. It's more about a standout performance at crunchtime. I doubt anyone would argue that MB's postseason invincibleness will ever be forgotten, and was clearly the standout performance on sports' grand stage.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
If you want to know why Kershaw isn't sportsman of the year I suggest you play the 7th inning of his NLDS starts. I have no problem with Kershaw getting the Cy Young and MVP - they are regular season awards. You don't win sportsman of the year on regular season stats, particularly when you don't shine in the postseason

Members online