Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I'm not that big of a hockey fan, but $50 for Parise doesn't seem too outrageous. I'm still holding out hope that they can get a private signing with Span like they do Cuddyer and Nathan. Have quite a few things I want signed by him.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not that big of a hockey fan, but $50 for Parise doesn't seem too outrageous. I'm still holding out hope that they can get a private signing with Span like they do Cuddyer and Nathan. Have quite a few things I want signed by him.

Nathan is pretty simple with him coming to town with the Rangers the last two years.

Cuddyer, this will be the last time they travel to get Cuddy to sign stuff, just not the turnout year two vs. year one. Myself and the other big Cuddyer collector have about 1/3 of the items going on the trip so far, after these are done, I wont need Cuddy on any of my stuff but on annual ginters.

Span, if the Nationals come to Minnesota for interleague play, then there is hope that they would set something up, but traveling to get him, I dont see it happening, as I dont think there would be enough interest in what it would cost to make it worth while for the travel.

Would be nice if they could score Revere for a little session when the Phillies are in town in June. Ill talk to Shaun and see if there is any chance of that happening.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Span, if the Nationals come to Minnesota for interleague play, then there is hope that they would set something up, but traveling to get him, I dont see it happening, as I dont think there would be enough interest in what it would cost to make it worth while for the travel.

I asked them through twitter if there was any chance of it happening and they said that they would try, and then asked Span what he thought about it. Not sure if they ever got in contact with him though. I might just have to either wait for the Nationals to come here sometime or make a trip myself to Milwaukee or Chicago. I know for sure that I've got a Lineup Card (2nd to last game w/Twins, last hit), GU Jersey, Locker Nameplate, and Stadium Banner I want to get signed.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
This is a random question related to a random thought, but does anyone know if the Willmar Kandi-Mall show still happens?

I don't remember it happening since FanZone brought in John Randle a while back, but I don't know for sure.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Was at the Twins - Red Sox game Monday night.
The Twins pissed that one away, but dayum, is Fenway NICE.
Its been about 15 yrs since Ive been to the park, the new ownership has done magnificent work on the park.
For you game used collectors, one would think Red Sox stuff would be thru the roof, that is not the case.
If I was a Sox collector, I would have done some major damage in the clubhouse.
They had a Bradley Jr. and Bucholz dugout jackets from last year, $100 each. That is insanely cheap compared to what Target Field charges for stuff. Ive been told, have yet to verify, but been told that there is a Perkins jersey at TF, and they are asking $1500 for it!!! YES, that is not a misprint, there truly are 2 zeros after that 15. In-freaking-sane.

Anyways, I took the ball park tour on Sunday, sat in the Bleacher Bar pre-game at one of the three tables they have that look out on to the field and watched the end of the Sox and beginning of the Twins BP. Seats were dead centerfield, 6 rows up. I will get some pictures up this week.

If you have never been to Fenway, you need to GO!!!
Amazing park for 100+ years old.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Can't wait to see the pictures Chris! I made it to Wrigley for the first time when the Twins played there in 2009 I believe. I definitely want to see Fenway sometime when the funds will allow me to!

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Boston is such an easy city to get around, whether you walk it or ride the T.
Best $18 I spent was on a 7 day pass for the T, that was the minimum outside of a day pass.
Stayed in the Back Bay area, took the T from the airport to hotel, hotel to downtown, hotel to Fenway, hotel to Harvard, and about a dozen other stops. Easy means of transportation throughout the city.

And to be honest, for an East Coast city, Boston is not New York expensive. Most things I would say were a buck or two over what we are accustomed to paying here. If you plan it right and stay at a reasonable hotel, you can easily do 3 days and 2 nights, with flight, food and a ticket to a ball game for two of you for about $500ish each.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
If anyone cares this is what my new case looks like with all my bobbleheads in it
null_zpsde693ddb.jpg

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Fenway is a great place to visit. Went there in 2011 and did the tour. Glad I was able to cross it off my stadium list. Did you have time to tour the Sam Adams Brewery? I don't drink beer, but my wife is a big fan of SA, and the tour was pretty fun.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Fenway is a great place to visit. Went there in 2011 and did the tour. Glad I was able to cross it off my stadium list. Did you have time to tour the Sam Adams Brewery? I don't drink beer, but my wife is a big fan of SA, and the tour was pretty fun.

Sure did, best brewery tour ever (Ive been on 6 different brewery tours), because there really wasnt a "tour" per se due to construction going on at the brewery, so the guide did a 20 minute talk about the brewing process and then we went into the tasting room and drank beer for the next 30 minutes :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts