Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "HOLY CRAP!" end-price thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
I'm beginning to question any of these big Thome sales based on the bid histories and feedback.

not sure i'd be so fast to dismiss the thome sales....i hadn't even noticed that the same seller had sold 5 others earlier in the month and all in the same range , but if you look , you'll see that there were 3 different winners (with feedback scores of 3 , 693 , and 5000+) and at least 2 other high-feedback bidders who placed LOSING bids of 300 or more on several as well.....also , none of the items were relists...each card that had a second copy listed was a different serial number.....crazy high bidding ? no doubt , but i'm really thinking they may be legit....

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
not sure i'd be so fast to dismiss the thome sales....i hadn't even noticed that the same seller had sold 5 others earlier in the month and all in the same range , but if you look , you'll see that there were 3 different winners (with feedback scores of 3 , 693 , and 5000+) and at least 2 other high-feedback bidders who placed LOSING bids of 300 or more on several as well.....also , none of the items were relists...each card that had a second copy listed was a different serial number.....crazy high bidding ? no doubt , but i'm really thinking they may be legit....

history.jpg

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009

There are a few guys that are pretty new to the game. I think they don't really realize what the previous market was, and what's a reasonable price. That said, the market is what people are willing to pay. As it attracts attention I suspect there'll be a lot of his cards popping up... hope that includes some from my want list and they're within reach. Makes me glad I've been actively buying his cards for about 20 years! I've seen cards I literally spent <$5 for that have gone for $150 or more. Silly.

This is one of my favorite recent auctions- http://www.ebay.com/itm/390930927572

Last edited:

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
I'm beginning to question any of these big Thome sales based on the bid histories and feedback.

The Vizquel sales, on the other hand, completely legit. I tried to keep that secret under wraps for awhile. Cashed in a few nice sales.

I'll tell you for a fact that the Thome sales are all legit. I sold about 25 different Thomes for close to $5000 combined in August - 2 different buyers, both of which paid within 24 hours and left feedback. I was astonished at some of my sales - I would put ridiculous pie in the sky BIN prices up, and they'd be snatched up within minutes of listing...

Greg

A_Pharis

There are a few guys that are pretty new to the game. I think they don't really realize what the previous market was, and what's a reasonable price. That said, the market is what people are willing to pay. As it attracts attention I suspect there'll be a lot of his cards popping up... hope that includes some from my want list and they're within reach. Makes me glad I've been actively buying his cards for about 20 years! I've seen cards I literally spent <$5 for that have gone for $150 or more. Silly.

This is one of my favorite recent auctions- http://www.ebay.com/itm/390930927572

Have you considered testing out the water with some of your doubles or maybe some that would be easy to replace later on? Make some money now to pump back in.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Have you considered testing out the water with some of your doubles or maybe some that would be easy to replace later on? Make some money now to pump back in.

Definitely. I've already done a little trading, but no selling. I might have to, but not with anything I only have a single of. It's definitely tempting when I see cards I have multiple copies of go for 10x what I paid.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'll tell you for a fact that the Thome sales are all legit. I sold about 25 different Thomes for close to $5000 combined in August - 2 different buyers, both of which paid within 24 hours and left feedback. I was astonished at some of my sales - I would put ridiculous pie in the sky BIN prices up, and they'd be snatched up within minutes of listing...

Greg

I have a few low #'ed Thomes that are just begging to be listed right now. As much as I love Jim Thome, I love selling a card for potentially 100X what I paid for it.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
If they are in my price range I might buy some of those Thome cards. Amazing how many Thome cards are listed on Ebay right now.
do you happen to need a 1998 Rocky Mountain News All-Stars (Jim Thome/Walt Weiss)

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I completely forgot I had a Thome International Refractor /100 in my PC and listed it last month. Got an offer for $12, so i kept it. I did have a leaf z squared /20 years ago, and it was a throw in for a high end trade to make it happen.

Members online

Latest posts