Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

******* Saturday Morning Thread ********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Thank you, again, everyone.

Today I ordered packs of 1984 Topps, Donruss and Leaf - along with 1987 packs, too. The years LB and I were born. GOnna frame them in individual frames for the baby's room. I want to do packs for the baby's year, too.. (2013 if it makes it late December).

Without Donruss and (the old) Leaf - what packs should I do for Henley?

You could do Bowman since it is one of the bigger sets every year and Heritage maybe?

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Thank you, again, everyone.

Today I ordered packs of 1984 Topps, Donruss and Leaf - along with 1987 packs, too. The years LB and I were born. GOnna frame them in individual frames for the baby's room. I want to do packs for the baby's year, too.. (2013 if it makes it late December).

Without Donruss and (the old) Leaf - what packs should I do for Henley?

That's a cool idea! I guess you,ll have to go with just Topps for your son.

I'll have to remember the idea for whenever we finish the basement and I get my "hobby corner". I don't know how much packs of '74 & '76 Topps go for though! Kids' years would be really easy... 2007, 2009, 2012.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I wanted to do different brands, but it seems like Topps is all there is.

I was thinking Topps, Panini and Leaf, but leaf doesn't really have "packs".

I may end up having to do Base Topps, Bowman and Heritage.

Yeah, I know that's what you were going for, but Topps has their monopoly right now. Panini is coming out with Pinnacle this year, so maybe he will make it in time for you to use that. And I thought about Leaf as well, but like you said, their products don't come in packs for baseball really. Congratulations though! If this is your toughest decision, you're set lol

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Collection once again complete! Just won a 2013 Toops Series 2 base set on eBay for under 20! Complete run from 1971 through 2013!!!

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Here are some pictures from the live break on the FCB feed. Batteries in the camera are shot, didn't bring the scanner with me. I think that these three cards will cover the cost of the case. Not pictured are the Dwyane Wade Springfield Bound auto, and a Jared Sullinger RPA. It was pretty cool that Jared was signing at the Panini booth just after the break, I told Tracy Hackler that I would report my break. Sullinger saw the card and inspected it. He was surprised at the card was placed in a one touch, in a team bag. I also picked up a football pc item in a BGS 9.5 Andrew Luck Contenders RC auto. I'll scan it later.

IMG_0682.JPG
Carl Laundry Logoman 1/5

IMG_0684.JPG

Andre Drummond RPA 91/199

IMG_0686.JPG

Lavoy Allen Platinum RPA 2/5

A_Pharis

That's a cool idea! I guess you,ll have to go with just Topps for your son.

I'll have to remember the idea for whenever we finish the basement and I get my "hobby corner". I don't know how much packs of '74 & '76 Topps go for though! Kids' years would be really easy... 2007, 2009, 2012.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

Well, I already have some MAD Magazines done from my birth month and LB's (They look great). I am going to get the MAD for Henley, too (I was a big MAD fan when I was younger). While looking at the magazines, I was like "You know - doing some old wax packs like this, too, would be awesome."

So they will be in shallow shadow box frames (small, maybe like for a 4x6 with some shadow matting). It should look great.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Here are some pictures from the live break on the FCB feed. Batteries in the camera are shot, didn't bring the scanner with me. I think that these three cards will cover the cost of the case. Not pictured are the Dwyane Wade Springfield Bound auto, and a Jared Sullinger RPA. It was pretty cool that Jared was signing at the Panini booth just after the break, I told Tracy Hackler that I would report my break. Sullinger saw the card and inspected it. He was surprised at the card was placed in a one touch, in a team bag. I also picked up a football pc item in a BGS 9.5 Andrew Luck Contenders RC auto. I'll scan it later.

View attachment 20010
Carl Laundry Logoman 1/5

View attachment 20011

Andre Drummond RPA 91/199

View attachment 20012

Lavoy Allen Platinum RPA 2/5

Why was he surprised it was in a one touch and a team bag? I don't get it.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Well, gentlemen..

LB and I found out the gender of our little one yesterday, but the reveal party was today. My father had 3 boys. My middle brother had three boys... so much like in baseball - everyone was wondering if the streak would end (a lot of girl guesses). Well -

View attachment 20005

Congrats Adam
Tell LB to look me up next time, it seems Girls run in my family :p

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Who's got or is familiar with the MLB Rule Book? After watching the amazing catch by JB Shuck from last night I'm curious to what it says about a player leaving the field on a catch. One would think that if the outfielder doesn't land in the field of play after making a catch and he goes over the wall (basically catching the ball in the stands) it would be a homerun but obviously not. Great catch either way

Several years ago when the Mariners were playing the Red Sox in Boston, Jay Buhner was practicing in the outfield and before the game asked the umpire that since the walls were short, what would happen if he caught a ball and fell over the wall.. What would the call be.. The umpire told him that unless he came back over the wall with the ball, that it would be ruled a home run instead of an out..

Then during the game, Jay Buhner caught a ball and went over the fence and came back in as he was told..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts