Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
i'm looking to complete these 2 sets. as well as others i'v posted. but if you come across any oof the missing letters or see them any where please let me know. i also have an extra "H" if someone is lookinf gor that as well.

Sweet sets. have the junior set. Only needing the "j" is pretty good. Got pretty hard to find a year after release

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
I don't think its your imagination at all - I've also noticed his 90's stuff increasing steadily over the last 6 months. Whether it's a lower-end insert (e.g. '97 Power Alley Diecut /250 increasing in sale price from $75 to $125) or a higher-end parallel (e.g. '99 Skybox Rubies /50 increasing in sale price from mid-$300s to $550-$660), his cards are finally appreciating in the way they should.

Hopefully it's also a sign of the market recognizing the actual rarity of 90s inserts/parallels in general. If so, it's good for the cards we all already own, but also bad for our wallets paying for the cards we're still seeking out

Last edited:

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
Is it just my imagination or has the prices of 1990's Griffey inserts gone through the roof in the past few months?

Finally catching up to Basketball - check out what some of the Jordan 90's inserts go for! Some hit in the THOUSANDS numbered to /100.

It makes sense Griffey stuff is finally going up, one of the greatest to play the game as a hitter and fielder without juicing in an era of steroids. A first ballot HOF as well. I'm surprised it took this long for them to go up.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Seriously! $500 for the 1999 Starquest Gold?

go buy some collectors choice and pull one, exactly! Someone made a comment on blowout that we are spolied from the internet because it's so easy to get almost anything. We forget these inserts from the 90s even numbered to 100 are impossible to pull

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
Seriously! $500 for the 1999 Starquest Gold?

Even though I agree with the spike it price lately, anyone who spent 500 for that spent too much. His autographs /50 still dont hit 500. The starquest numbered to /100 is also from CC a low end upper deck set and IMO out of the inserts /100 this is one of the ugliest. To each their own I suppose - give me 500 to spend on a Griffey card, that would be one of my last choices.

Maevro

Feb 7, 2014
Sacramento & NYC
e3aga3y2.jpg

ge5e3u8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blane

Oct 13, 2012
Does anyone have a 1998 Flair Legacy Row 3 laying around that they'd be willing to part with?

budvandall

Mar 11, 2012
Myrtle Beach, SC
Even though I agree with the spike it price lately, anyone who spent 500 for that spent too much. His autographs /50 still dont hit 500. The starquest numbered to /100 is also from CC a low end upper deck set and IMO out of the inserts /100 this is one of the ugliest. To each their own I suppose - give me 500 to spend on a Griffey card, that would be one of my last choices.

I paid $75 for he starquest gold when I bought mine. $500...WOW!!

GriffeyJr

Apr 21, 2013
I'm still surprised his autographs /100 are going for as low as they are.

I've picked up about 3 of those 1999 Ovation Super Signatures for under 175 in the past year.

It's numbered to 100 and an on autograph, one of the nicest around too. I understand the craze of the 90's insert but to me an autograph that's low numbered > insert low numbered.

Members online

Latest posts