Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Jeff Bagwell Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Been a bit since I put up some new pickups so here they are

98 Bowman's Best Atomic Refractor /100
This one has been a tough get, so happy to cross this one off my list

95 Pinnacle Pins
Picked this up as part of a lot. Not sure how rare the actual pins are, but it seems that I have never seen one listed, at least not that I noticed

2002 Fleer Premium On Base Game Base /100

05 Fleer Patchworks Property of Patch Die-Cut /25

05 Playoff Prestige Prestigous Pros Platinum Patch /5

05 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor /50

Topps Vault Gypsy Queen Blank Back 1/1

14 Gypsy Queen Mini Yellow Printing Plate 1/1
That makes 2/4 of these plates

Thanks for the look
Dan

Nice pickups! That Fleer On Base GU base looks with the flag piece looks like perhaps it was used in the post 9/11 games. I recall this because 2002 Topps has a subset card with Bonds holding a US flag before a game with the Astros. He hit #70 that season in the last game of the series with them.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Aaron, i think my favorite card out of your haul was that sample. Whered you get it?

I like the mini wood myself. Only one I own. Pretty cool.

The sample was originally up at BIN on eBay for like $89.00 or something. The dude relisted it a couple of times. He finally came down to $29.00, I had a few eBay bucks left so I said what the hell. I just wanted to knock it out.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
More recent arrivals:

Got this for a total steal. Already had one but couldn't pass it up. Burbank listed this card for $0.99 Buy it Now. This had to be a total mistake because they had previously listed it in the $30-$40 range previously. Also it is a 2-color patch, which is really rare for this set because they made almost all the aptches 1 color for some reason.

98 Topps Stars 'N Steel Holographic Gold

This is the first one of these I've ever seen.

14 Panini Prizm Red Prizm /25

14 Prizm 42 Prizm 5/42 (Jersey #)

14 Topps Class Ring Gold 5/99 (Jersey #)

Thanks for the look
Dan

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Yeah, I was very surprised how low they went. I was genuinely curious as to where you were at during the bidding. I figured I'd have hell on my hands if you were after them.

Btw, that topps tier 1 Asian edition /5 red auto...you recognize that guy who won it? I'm thinking you were the second highest bidder? I didn't even know they had an "Asia Edition". I was too tapped to go after it.

I don't think there is an "Asia Edition", but there is a red auto parallel /5. Maybe he was just trying to drum up more business by calling it an "Asia Edition". Also the $20 shipping made me hold back on the bidding.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Those are really cool sample cards, especially because they had the original name of the set "Leaf Rookies and Chase"

I like the mini wood myself. Only one I own. Pretty cool.

The sample was originally up at BIN on eBay for like $89.00 or something. The dude relisted it a couple of times. He finally came down to $29.00, I had a few eBay bucks left so I said what the hell. I just wanted to knock it out.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Those are really cool sample cards, especially because they had the original name of the set "Leaf Rookies and Chase"

I wondered about that when I was cataloging it in. I gave it a second look but just figured it was different somehow due to being a sample.

As for that Prizm red /25, just got mine in as well. Thankfully as the guy shipped it in a pwe. Not cool!

Nice pickup on that Pristine patch!

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
A few more pickups:

03 Timeless Treasures Gold 3/10

03 Leaf Chicago Edition 2/5

03 Leaf Certified Mirror Gold /25

03 Topps 205 Relic Bat SP
These are really hard to find. Won it from Mattfeez, after he beat me out a few years back. Would have paid more for it the first time around if I realized how much of a short print it was. This is the only one I think I've seen. I wonder what the print run was, or if set collectors have hoarded them?

14 Topps Future stars that never were relics /25

Thanks for the look
Dan

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Dan, I got the Future Stars in today. Your copy will be going out tomorrow.

Nick, Same with your cards. I added the few I have been collecting to the comc order, and they will be going out tomorrow.

Aaron, you get nothing :lol:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Dan, I got the Future Stars in today. Your copy will be going out tomorrow.

Nick, Same with your cards. I added the few I have been collecting to the comc order, and they will be going out tomorrow.

Aaron, you get nothing :lol:

Damn your eyes Nathan!
Lol!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Hey Aaron, i see you cleared 4000. What was that milestone card?

I think it may have been one of the prizm parallels. I was sitting just shy and got a nice chunk of cards in the mail. Didn't think about it at the time. I'm actually setting my sights on 4100 by the end of the year. Wish me luck!

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
A few more pickups:

2002 Donruss Elite Back to the Future Dual Jersey /50

2005 Reflections Super Swatch Jersey Blue 10/10

2014 Topps Tier 1 Acclaimed Autographs Bronze /25

2014 Donruss Elite Dominators Autograph 2/10

Dan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Wow! You got the Elite Dominators! Sweet! Those were redemption only right? If so, glad panini came through! I've got a Jay Bruce I redeemed but am still waiting.

Also, is that back to the future dual gu the same one that's been up on eBay several times over? The reason I ask is the card was in a screw down and looked like it had pieces of wood inside the screw down with it. I wanted to bid but was afraid of the condition. If it's the same one, what's the condition like?

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Just a reminder to keep an eye out for this card. It was stolen in the mail a few months ago. I am offering $50.00 for information that leads to it's return.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Yeah it was a redemption. I have been really pleased with how panini has handled redemptions thus far. Still holding out that they will make that 2009 Elite Autograph of bagwell, but if not maybe I can get a couple of his new autos in exchange for the two redemptions I have.

Also, that is the Elite dual GU from ebay. I had been holding off on bidding for the same reasons, but then when it was downto $6, i figured I would give it a shot and then if the condition was bad make a claim through ebay. It did have a few pieces of wood, but I opened it up and cleaned off the card and holder with a microfiber cloth and it doesn't have any scratches or anything on the card. The holder was a little loose so I think that helped not mark up the card and the biggest piece of wood was on the jersey piece so it didn't affect anything.

Wow! You got the Elite Dominators! Sweet! Those were redemption only right? If so, glad panini came through! I've got a Jay Bruce I redeemed but am still waiting.

Also, is that back to the future dual gu the same one that's been up on eBay several times over? The reason I ask is the card was in a screw down and looked like it had pieces of wood inside the screw down with it. I wanted to bid but was afraid of the condition. If it's the same one, what's the condition like?

Members online

Latest posts