Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Jeff Bagwell Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
RE: 1996 (not '95) Pinnacle Team Pinnacle.
Do two versions of these cards exist like they do for '95?

All cards intentionally issued with two variations, whereby one side of the card or the other had the Dufex effect
-
Baseballcardpedia on '95 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle

Edit to add: Thomas shares real estate on this card with Bagwell, which is why I felt it appropriate to ask this question in this thread.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Team-P...1528158816?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item20f3bc5260

Last edited:

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
I have both versions of the 95, and have multiple double of the 96 and it does not appear that the 96 version had a back side doufex variation as far as I can tell.

RE: 1996 (not '95) Pinnacle Team Pinnacle.
Do two versions of these cards exist like they do for '95?

All cards intentionally issued with two variations, whereby one side of the card or the other had the Dufex effect
-
Baseballcardpedia on '95 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle

Edit to add: Thomas shares real estate on this card with Bagwell, which is why I felt it appropriate to ask this question in this thread.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Team-Pinnacle-1-Jeff-Bagwell-Houston-Astros-Frank-Thomas-Chicago-White-Sox-/141528158816?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item20f3bc5260

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
New pickups from this week:

14 topps Surpreme Dual Autographs 25/25

05 Leather & Lumber Platinum 1/1

04 Classic Clippings Bat Rack Quad Red /25

04 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Blue Autograph /25

04 Bazooka Blasts Relics Parallel 25 5/25 - Love Jersey #'d Cards
Also these bazooka parallels are really hard to find, I guess that's what happens with retail products

Dan

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I have both versions of the 95, and have multiple double of the 96 and it does not appear that the 96 version had a back side doufex variation as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll assume then that the two versions only exist for '95, not '96.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
New pickups from this week:

14 topps Surpreme Dual Autographs 25/25

05 Leather & Lumber Platinum 1/1

04 Classic Clippings Bat Rack Quad Red /25

04 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Blue Autograph /25

04 Bazooka Blasts Relics Parallel 25 5/25 - Love Jersey #'d Cards
Also these bazooka parallels are really hard to find, I guess that's what happens with retail products

Dan

Nice pick ups!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA

Same with mine. Thomas has the Dufex, Bags does not.

1996%20Pinnacle%20Team%20Pinnacle%201%20Thomas%20Dufex.jpg

You don't stop do you man! Awesome pickups! @ASTROBURN

Well, my pickups dont compare to the level of stuff TimTom is nabbing up, but I have been cruising along for 20 years collecting Bags. I aint about to stop now.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
New pickups to show off:

14 Triple Threads Sapphire /25

05 Prime Patches Portraits Button /14. Now I got a white one and a red one

05 Sweet Spot Threads Triple Patch /5

04 Donruss Classics Significant Signatures Green 1/5

04 Diamond Kings Combos Platinum 1/1

97 Pinnacle Printing Plate 1/1

98 Metal Precious Metal Gems /50

Thanks for the look
Dan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nice stuff Dan. I missed out on a couple of those. Was busy at work. But I guess money has to be made first or no cards can be bought...

I just landed a copy of the 95 pinnacle with the Bagwell side being dufex since I had the foil version. As for 96, I hope it doesn't exist. Even the 95 was not on my checklist.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I was surprised at the prices realized on the sp buybacks. I threw some bids in that were not strong hoping to pick them up as placeholders. The fact they went for as much as they did is scary considering how bad, or non-existant the autos were. I wonder what a good copy would run?

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
I won the 93 auto /7. That's basically the same price that Matt bought it for probably 3-4 years ago. I had a chance to pick up both of those cards from a dealer at a show in columbus, OH, but he wanted $120 for the 93 with the faded auto and $250 for the MM auto.

I was really shocked to see the MM auto go that high. Seeing it in person the auto looked pretty decent, but when Matt beat me out on it it sold for something like $85.

Dan

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I won the 93 auto /7. That's basically the same price that Matt bought it for probably 3-4 years ago. I had a chance to pick up both of those cards from a dealer at a show in columbus, OH, but he wanted $120 for the 93 with the faded auto and $250 for the MM auto.

I was really shocked to see the MM auto go that high. Seeing it in person the auto looked pretty decent, but when Matt beat me out on it it sold for something like $85.

Dan

Yeah, I saw you win it. Not sure who won the other one though. I'm guessing it's the foil on the MM that causes the bubbling auto. I'll get them eventually but they'll have to look a lot better than those for me to shell out that type of money. I'd rather snag a 1/1 or something similar.

In any case, congrats on the pickups.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Got a few new Graded cards to wrap up one of my 2015 goals, and have 2 diffractors incoming for my 98s. Plus a few stragglers.

But...

After they all come in, I'm gonna put my cards up for a while. Between not being able to compete financially and with the slew of fresh Bagwell Collectors, I cant seem to win anything anymore. So, I will visit the site from time to time, but for now I need to walk away before my frustrations ruin it all for me.

Have fun.

-Nate

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Got a few new Graded cards to wrap up one of my 2015 goals, and have 2 diffractors incoming for my 98s. Plus a few stragglers.

But...

After they all come in, I'm gonna put my cards up for a while. Between not being able to compete financially and with the slew of fresh Bagwell Collectors, I cant seem to win anything anymore. So, I will visit the site from time to time, but for now I need to walk away before my frustrations ruin it all for me.

Have fun.

-Nate

I can relate when I came back and some new Clark guys had entered. I can't compete for all the things I used to. But I still enjoy it so after I thought I selling off I did that briefly but felt I still enjoyed SuperCollecting him. So I had to realize I wasn't gonna get everything but that I would still would be able to add things but not as fast. I expanded more into oddball categories that not everyone chases. My point being maybe take a break and come back with a different focus. Stick to your budgets , keep bidding and I am sure you will be able to continue to build. Or focus maybe on adding a few key pieces vs everything. I hope your break serves ya well , and you can find a way to still enjoy it

Ryan

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Any of you Bagwell pros have an extra '93 Finest Refractor that you're willing to part with? I'd also consider any rare dupes you may have. I have Paypal waiting with your name on it. Please PM.

Erik

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
New Pickups:

98 Ultra Platinum Medallion /100
Completes the run of 98 Ultra Platinum medallions

97 SP Buyback autos '93 /7
The auto is pretty faded so I'm hoping for an upgrade at somepoint, but I'm not sure that one will pop up. I've only seen one other one and an ebay seller v1129 or something like that was trying to sell it as part of a buyback set of bagwell for like $3500 or something ridiculous. I think a lot of 90s insert collectors may have these squirreled away.

03 DOnruss Elite Throwback Threads Jersey Prime /25
Thought the button hole was cool and the price was right.

2005 Diamond Kings Framed Green Bagwell 5/50 Jersey #

2005 Diamond Kings Framed Red Autograph Platinum 1/1

13 Panini Select Prizms Autograph /25

14 Gypsy Queen Black Mini 5/199 Jersey #

Thanks for the look

Dan

Members online

Latest posts