Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need a favor- someone want to "buy" my son's cards for me? ;)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
My son used a Christmas gift card to buy an unopened blaster box of 2013 Topps chrome from Amazon. He is 6 years old. He got 5 refractors (of course, 4 purple refractors are guaranteed!) :wink: and a Miguel Cabrera die cut, and he was through the moon. Before he has even put his cards away, he wants to buy more. So we waited a day and he still was all about buying cards. Up to now, his "collection" is what he has gleaned from me, a few extra inserts I had, lots of old commons, and 2 1996 circa near sets I had that he found. He kills the cards condition wise but he enjoys them, which I like to see. So I told him, if he wants to buy more cards, he has to sell some. So he helped me scan his 2 Derek Jeter circa cards and went through all of his cards and made a doubles lot. He really wanted to emphasize that Todd Van Poppel was a first round pick and there are TWO Van Poppel's in the lot! ;) We listed them, with me having the intention of putting an offer out on the FCB forums to have someone "buy" the cards. Here are his 2 lots on ebay. If somebody will hit the BIN on these on ebay I will send them to you (or whoever you would like)for free, and I'll give him the $12. And he will finally get to see his cards sell, he has been asking me abut 3 times a day!

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Boom! Many thanks George. I will be in touch.

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jan 14, 2015
New Jersey
My older son is only three and I can't wait to start collecting with him like my father did when I was a kid. I go to card shows and there seems to be less and less kids there these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Thanks guys

Yeah I felt a little bad that I wasn't being 100% honest, but he doesn't really have anything to sell yet and I wanted to get him started (and slow down his buying at the same time). He was super excited tonight that his cards sold! He couldn't stop talking about it. He was bragging "My cards are selling faster than Daddy's!" He was organizing his change today before I got home to see if he had enough to buy more cards ;)

We have been to a few Red Sox games, and he does like the Red Sox. Jose Altuve hit a grand slam (the first of his career) and went 4-5 in a game we were at together at Fenway in 2014, so he thinks he is pretty hot stuff. He also likes Albert Pujols and Mike Trout, and Dustin Pedroia. And maybe Todd Van Poppel ;)

He (and his little sister) know about auto's, game used, and serial numbered cards (they call those gold numbers), so it is pretty fun. She has a Topps Pink card that she likes.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
PM me his address and I'll send him some cards. If he's anything like my kids, he loves getting mail!

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
OK, so I need to send these cards out today. My son woke me up this morning at 6:20. He brings a note into my bed. What is that, I said sleepily. It's a note that read: "Sel Basball Cards." I left it on my pillow last night, he explained, so that when I woke up, I would see it right away in the morning. So needless to say when I get home from work today I need to send these cards somewhere.

Anybody out there have a kid that I can send these cards to?

Anybody with a text or a PM, they are very much appreciated and I will be getting back to you shortly. Maybe we should set up a FCB for kids trading thread of cheap but cool cards that kids of FCB'ers can send around to each other?

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
The cards are claimed and are on their way out to Trizzo22's young daughter. Stay tuned as I will try to set up some type of kid based trading thread for kids. Maybe a kid friendly version of the old box that would travel around and people would take out one thing and add one thing and then send it along to he next kid?

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
The cards are claimed and are on their way out to Trizzo22's young daughter. Stay tuned as I will try to set up some type of kid based trading thread for kids. Maybe a kid friendly version of the old box that would travel around and people would take out one thing and add one thing and then send it along to he next kid?

If this gets started I would love to participate. I don't have kids, but I have a bunch of cards that i think kids would love. I would even be willing to create the initial box that gets sent out.

Dan

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
This is shilling, plain and simple!

I am sick of seeing fake sales to inflate card prices!

Reporting this to ebay!!!!!

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
...just effing with you.

I think I have a pretty cool Papi card laying around if you want to PM your address. Love to see younger generations getting involved.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts