Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Moore heading for Tommy John surgery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Ouch, big hit to the scorching hot Rays...

Did you even read the article????

"Moore felt discomfort in the area during the second inning of his outing Sunday at Yankee Stadium. He remained in the game through the fifth inning, relying primarily on his fastball and curveball.The move is retroactive to Monday, and with it, the club recalled infielder Ryan Roberts from Triple-A Durham.
An MRI exam revealed no structural damage, and those inside the organization are hopeful that Moore will return to the rotation by Aug. 13, when the Rays return from a five-game West Coast road trip."

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Ouch, big hit to the scorching hot Rays...

Did you even read the article????

"Moore felt discomfort in the area during the second inning of his outing Sunday at Yankee Stadium. He remained in the game through the fifth inning, relying primarily on his fastball and curveball.The move is retroactive to Monday, and with it, the club recalled infielder Ryan Roberts from Triple-A Durham.
An MRI exam revealed no structural damage, and those inside the organization are hopeful that Moore will return to the rotation by Aug. 13, when the Rays return from a five-game West Coast road trip."

Yes, I read it.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
It's my understanding that you need Tommy John surgery if you have structural damage. Am I incorrect with this thought?

Obviously they are not saying he needs TJ surgery today. No. I believe the same prognosis was made for Bundy originally-- initial MRI revealed "NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE"-- as did "numerous" other MRI tests on his elbow!

Elbow weakness/pain is never a good sign. Again, I hope he's okay.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...oes-this-affect-orioles-future-rotation-plans

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2013/4/30/4285624/dylan-bundy-injury-orioles-elbow-injection-rest

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts