Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone a Manny Machado fan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Let me preface this by saying that I don't intend it as a defense of Machado, but rather as a general statement. Pitchers need to quit taking more than one shot at a guy to whom they are trying to send a message. If you can't hit him the first time, that's on you. I'm tired of seeing these hacks going after guys multiple times. All it does is continue to escalate the situation instead of ending it.

Completely agree.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I wish more hitters would throw their bats at the pitcher in retaliation for getting beaned. Why is it cool for a pitcher to use his "weapon" of choice to try and harm a batter, but the batter has zero right to return the favor? And I don't care about the semantics of what causes more harm. I'm sure getting hit with a 50 mph bat is a tad more dangerous than getting hit with a 100 mph fastball, but it's irrelevant because BOTH ARE DANGEROUS AND SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING. And what's with everyone jumping on him for trying to hit innocent Josh Donaldson? That's the EXACT SAME thing that happens when an innocent batter gets beaned because his idiot pitcher decided to throw at someone last inning.

That being said, all of Machado's other actions, especially not apologizing to Norris, is that of an immature ******.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
The whole thing is ridiculous but I'd be willing to bet that this is forgotten in a weeks time. Well, until he possibly does something else down the road in which it'll get dug up again.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
The whole thing is ridiculous but I'd be willing to bet that this is forgotten in a weeks time. Well, until he possibly does something else down the road in which it'll get dug up again.

If the league does not suspend him for a minimum of 3 games then they are pus ass-hats. Because this is not going to go away anytime soon. And they play the A's again in Oakland the weekend of July 18-20. And the show will still go on

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I wish more hitters would throw their bats at the pitcher in retaliation for getting beaned. Why is it cool for a pitcher to use his "weapon" of choice to try and harm a batter, but the batter has zero right to return the favor? And I don't care about the semantics of what causes more harm. I'm sure getting hit with a 50 mph bat is a tad more dangerous than getting hit with a 100 mph fastball, but it's irrelevant because BOTH ARE DANGEROUS AND SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING. And what's with everyone jumping on him for trying to hit innocent Josh Donaldson? That's the EXACT SAME thing that happens when an innocent batter gets beaned because his idiot pitcher decided to throw at someone last inning.

That being said, all of Machado's other actions, especially not apologizing to Norris, is that of an immature ******.

As for the Donaldson stuff, look at what he did Friday. Just like was said on Myspace, that's where it all started, because someone took away Machado's Gameboy.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
First off, I have been a fan of machado for a bit, and I HATED this, just hated it! Let me ask something, why did Buck let this escalate? Why was Manny even still in the lineup? Why wasn't he talked to after his childish BS on Friday? Get the damn kid out of the game, sit him for a couple of days, and teach him a damn lesson. I am not trying to blame buck, but he could have been part of the solution. Instead I feel like he was an enabler. ***Note, Buck is one of my favorite, if not overall favorite manager in baseball so it pains me to say that.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Yeah, just saw all this for the first time. Didn't even seem like Donalson tagged him hard. Almost appeared Machado was back peddling to avoid the tag, stumbled, and fell. Probably felt stupid so he decided to go all beast mode on Donaldson who really did nothing.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
BOO! to Adam Jones for saying (not direct quote) "You guys in the media are happy now, you made too much out of this".::facepalm::

Personally, I'd have rather seen him get 7-10 games. And I'm an Orioles guy...

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
First off, I have been a fan of machado for a bit, and I HATED this, just hated it! Let me ask something, why did Buck let this escalate? Why was Manny even still in the lineup? Why wasn't he talked to after his childish BS on Friday? Get the damn kid out of the game, sit him for a couple of days, and teach him a damn lesson. I am not trying to blame buck, but he could have been part of the solution. Instead I feel like he was an enabler. ***Note, Buck is one of my favorite, if not overall favorite manager in baseball so it pains me to say that.

It actually seems like Buck has been defending his actions, blaming the A's for their "aggressive" actions toward Machado.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
it wasn't enough - should have been 10

Maybe 4 (which is why Machado likely is appealing)... if one of the 5 games was for the Derek Norris part of the situation.

Seeing the highlight of Norris getting whacked with a backswing Tuesday night, I"m beginning to think it wasn't Machado being intentional to hit Norris with his backswings but rather Norris crouches too far up in the catchers box. That clip from Tuesday night should help Machado's cause for suspension reduction if his backswings were factored into the suspension length rather than just the bat throw and tag overreaction.

Members online