Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's next for Alex Gordon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't want to see the Cubs do a bunch of stupid ****. They took a super young team to the NLCS. I like their future. A couple of good starters is all their lacking and plate discipline.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
He's gonna be 32.

The Royals don't really sign those guys to deals right?
I mean you gotta look at him as a depreciating asset.

SamHill

Feb 15, 2015
TX
He just turned down 14million
Where are you getting your info? I don't see there being a huge market out there for him? Who's a player for him. THE ROYALS GM can say hey. I got a WS. Thats all I need. He can go to a losing team as a veteran presence.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Hes a fool to leave that organization. Drafted by the Royals, been through think and thin, now has back to back WS appearances with one championship and possibly more to come.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Where are you getting your info? I don't see there being a huge market out there for him? Who's a player for him. THE ROYALS GM can say hey. I got a WS. Thats all I need. He can go to a losing team as a veteran presence.

He turned down the Royals 1 year deal of around 14million. That's how he became a FA.

I think he's a valuable guy. Prior to last year he was posting high WAR numbers partly due to his unreal play in LF. He's likely the best defensive LF in all of MLB and would be in demand for many teams.

However, he turns 32 this year. I just think that teams are getting more and more prospect centric and it seems against the "Royal way" to sign a 32 year old to a long term deal.

Last edited:

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
As a Royals fan, I am hoping they let him walk. $80 mil can go a long way towards securing Hosmer, Moose and Perez.

He's 32. Always been injury prone and I'm pretty sure we can live without out #8 hitter. We did for awhile this season.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
So, would K.C. get draft pick compensation for losing him ? That could be key too, in K.C.'s decision.

Any other teams looking hard at him ? I could see him doing well in S.F. or St. Louis.

SamHill

Feb 15, 2015
TX
Yeah. I realize that they are reporting he opted out of his contract. He turned down a guaranteed year at 14 for hopes of a long term deal. Do you give him 20 for 2? Thats 6 million more guaranteed to stay in on a team that won. Thats a win for both IMO. But thats for them to decide. I realize the advance metrics place a high value on his defense. But he's a LF. Some systems value CF and RF more.

Members online

Latest posts