Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shelby Miller Traded to the DBacks For Aaron Blair/Dansby Swanson!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Great trade for the dbacks. They'd be lucky if one of those prospects pan out. And they get a decent starter out of it.

I'll take the proven player everytime.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Ender Inciarte:
2014 - 3.7 rWAR, 2.8 fWAR
2015 - 5.3 rWAR, 3.3 fWAR

Shelby Miller:
2014 - 0.5 fWAR, 1.6 rWAR
2015 - 3.4 fWAR, 3.6 rWAR

Last edited:

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Ender Inciarte:
2014 - 3.7 rWAR, 2.8 fWAR
2015 - 5.3 rWAR, 3.3 fWAR

Shelby Miller:
2014 - 0.5 fWAR, 1.6 rWAR
2015 - 3.4 fWAR, 3.6 rWAR
Yeah honestly I think if it were just Blair/Swanson for Miller this would be a great trade for both sides, with Inciarte included this is a huge win for Atlanta.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Yeah honestly I think if it were just Blair/Swanson for Miller this would be a great trade for both sides, with Inciarte included this is a huge win for Atlanta.

Outfielders are dime a dozen, front line pitchers are not. Only time can tell if those prospects pan out...then you can pick a winner and loser.

That's why i'm pissed the Jays gave up so much pitching prospects during last yrs trade frenzy.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
I like this trade for the Braves. They aren't going to compete for a couple of years so there is no need to keep Shelby Miller around while they continue to give him no run support. Trade him now while his stock is high, and that's what they did. They got a nice return for him, and the farm system now is very solid for Atlanta. Granted not all of the prospects will pan out, but in a few years several young prospects should be starting for the Braves on a daily basis. As a fan of the Braves I'm excited for the team a few years from now, until then I'll have to suffer through a few more terrible years.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Outfielders are dime a dozen, front line pitchers are not. Only time can tell if those prospects pan out...then you can pick a winner and loser.

That's why i'm pissed the Jays gave up so much pitching prospects during last yrs trade frenzy.
I understand why Arizona made the trade, but to trade away Inciarte must hurt. DBacks are putting a lot of stock into Tomas so for their sake, I hope he can stay healthy and take his overall game to the next step.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I understand why Arizona made the trade, but to trade away Inciarte must hurt. DBacks are putting a lot of stock into Tomas so for their sake, I hope he can stay healthy and take his overall game to the next step.

Every team is in that situation with some position sooner or later during the year. And pitching wins championships-- just ask Familia

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Wes

OG
Administrator
This is an embarrassing trade. 5 years of Inciarte alone is worth 3 years of Miller. Add in 7 years of Blair and 7 years of Swanson and this is one of the more lopsided deals in recent memory. The difference between Miller and whoever Arizona was going to use as their 5th starter pales in comparison to the difference in Inciarte (a 5 WAR player last year) and Tomas (a below replacement level player).

Latest posts