Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I haven't opened a Beckett in over a decade and I'd never pay attention to someone who bases the value of their card on the Beckett BV. The 90's are over, e-bay is what sets the market value these days. It is still important when looking at sold listings to pay attention whether it sold via auction or BIN because sometimes when people sell via BIN they sell it way too low or someone pays way too much because they really, really wanted the card. Both are still useful tools.

Anyway I agree, checking sold prices is the way to go...not Beckett.

Old school dudes on the bench still use it for trade value, still kinda annoys me but I deal with it

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
I haven't opened a Beckett in over a decade and I'd never pay attention to someone who bases the value of their card on the Beckett BV. The 90's are over, e-bay is what sets the market value these days. It is still important when looking at sold listings to pay attention whether it sold via auction or BIN because sometimes when people sell via BIN they sell it way too low or someone pays way too much because they really, really wanted the card. Both are still useful tools.

Anyway I agree, checking sold prices is the way to go...not Beckett.
This. I take it a step further if you reference a book value I consider that you are clueless and deal with you as such. I also do not understand why would people would use their grading service. They created 3 levels of gem mint cards making 9.5s an after thought. ( I always thought labeling a card gem mint 9.5 is stupid). They grade sheet cut cards, and their entire business model is one of a magazine that provides out of date pricing. I am surprized they are still in business.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Most of my purchases are through BIN/BO, rarely auctions. It's actually kind of weird because I've gotten to the point where I don't like auctions, I'd rather just buy a card outright. Just worked out a deal on three cards that have enough past sales that the seller and I could work out a deal. I'd much rather find a card I want and pay a price I'm happy with and not mess with an auction. And BIN/BOs are great from a sellers standpoint, because all you need is the one right buyer.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
Most of my purchases are through BIN/BO, rarely auctions. It's actually kind of weird because I've gotten to the point where I don't like auctions, I'd rather just buy a card outright. Just worked out a deal on three cards that have enough past sales that the seller and I could work out a deal. I'd much rather find a card I want and pay a price I'm happy with and not mess with an auction. And BIN/BOs are great from a sellers standpoint, because all you need is the one right buyer.

I am a want it now type guy as well. I do not mind paying over market if it is something I want. If that was not the case I would not use COMC

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
when I am looking for cards I want I never mind overpaying a little bit. Auctions leave to much chance for me sometimes. You can get great deals but also chance losing out on the card, getting shilled (although i snipe 99% of the time) so I still bid sometimes if that is my only option. If I can use the BIN option I will almost always go that route.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
BINs are great because as a seller you can require immediate payment. I'm amused by people who counter you and said they had a higher offer hoping you'll bite and then the card sits. Best was a guy listing a Byron and I offered around $10 each time. Card goes to auction, was going to bid ten then found out I was blocked and seller sold for 5.50--he showed me.

Members online