Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospects are heating up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
First Honeywell, now Jose De Leon. Torn UCL; TJ for him. :(

Was never the same since being traded from LA's system.

Sucks for him, TB, and his auto hoarders! I only have 2 autos of him, but 4 of honeywell also. TB have enough pitching depth to be okay? Yikes.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
They are going with a four man rotation and loading up their bullpen.

Yes, this.

I imagine Hu, Schultz, and Banda are geared up to make a push for the #5 spot. I imagine one of them will be a mainstay before June or July.

Faria looked solid last year. If Archer can stay dialed in, their rotation looks potentially strong.

I think the Orioles might surprise more than a few teams this year by slugging their way to victories.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Vladdy Jr making his ST debut today; Bichette available off the bench.

[MENTION=2671]aarne13[/MENTION]

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Y'all have me convinced. Just traded Mitch Keller for Bo Bichette in one of my dynasty leagues.

I missed out on grabbing Bichette in this years minor league draft of my dynasty league (Keller was taken by someone else last year) but if given the opportunity between the two I would have to go with Keller. This is only because the point system in my league are slanted in the pitchers favor. That and the fact that my rotation is littered with aging starters (most of them are 28+ years old) & I've only got two starting pitchers in my minor league system (Whitley, Flaherty).

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I missed out on grabbing Bichette in this years minor league draft of my dynasty league (Keller was taken by someone else last year) but if given the opportunity between the two I would have to go with Keller. This is only because the point system in my league are slanted in the pitchers favor. That and the fact that my rotation is littered with aging starters (most of them are 28+ years old) & I've only got two starting pitchers in my minor league system (Whitley, Flaherty).

This is a fresh league this year. 16 teams, 11 minor leaguers (expanding to 20 eventually) 6x6 roto league with even weighting between hitting and pitching. I like Keller but I prefer hitting prospects to pitching.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
This is a fresh league this year. 16 teams, 11 minor leaguers (expanding to 20 eventually) 6x6 roto league with even weighting between hitting and pitching. I like Keller but I prefer hitting prospects to pitching.

For me when it comes to investing I certainly agree. When I started out prospecting 4 years ago my collection was mostly pitchers but eventually I figured out that position players have a far greater ceiling (and far fewer concerns of TJ surgeries). That's not to say that I don't dabble with pitchers, I just put more money into position players. Bo Bichette wasn't left off either...

But even from a non-investment standpoint I prefer position prospects (which is ironic because pitching is my favorite part of the game) too because they generally make a more immediate impact at the major league level while it takes pitchers awhile longer to develop and reach their full potential.

Damn, 11 minor leaguers?? That must be nice. We started with 5 on year 1 and are up to 7 now (we increase one slot per year). I've only used a roto league once and I didn't like it. It was my very first fantasy league and I didn't really understand it so I didn't follow closely and lost interest. I'd probably enjoy it a lot more now that I've gotten into the whole fantasy baseball world and very much digging it. I'm still looking to join another league this year on top of my dynasty one.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
For me when it comes to investing I certainly agree. When I started out prospecting 4 years ago my collection was mostly pitchers but eventually I figured out that position players have a far greater ceiling (and far fewer concerns of TJ surgeries). That's not to say that I don't dabble with pitchers, I just put more money into position players. Bo Bichette wasn't left off either...

But even from a non-investment standpoint I prefer position prospects (which is ironic because pitching is my favorite part of the game) too because they generally make a more immediate impact at the major league level while it takes pitchers awhile longer to develop and reach their full potential.

Damn, 11 minor leaguers?? That must be nice. We started with 5 on year 1 and are up to 7 now (we increase one slot per year). I've only used a roto league once and I didn't like it. It was my very first fantasy league and I didn't really understand it so I didn't follow closely and lost interest. I'd probably enjoy it a lot more now that I've gotten into the whole fantasy baseball world and very much digging it. I'm still looking to join another league this year on top of my dynasty one.

I feel constrained with 11. I'm used to having 20 in the other leagues I play with this group. That said, thanks to it being a 16 team league the pool was getting pretty thin by the 9th or 10th round.

Wish I'd known you were looking a couple weeks ago when we started up. It was rough coming up with the last couple people to fill out the league.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Dammit to hell. Have I mentioned lately how much I despise head-first sliding? ::facepalm::

Chicago White Sox @whitesox
Luis Robert has been diagnosed with a moderate sprain of the ligament in his left thumb. Robert suffered the injury sliding into 2nd base on Wednesday. His hand will be immobilized for approximately 6 weeks, and he is expected to return to game action in approximately 10 weeks.

.....and we're still weeks from MiLB opening day.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.