Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unbelieveable Redemption Replacement from Topps!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
IMG_20130617_185416_502_zpsc0c1927c.jpg

This was posted on another forum and I had to share for those of you who may not get over there. I am at a total loss as to how Topps could do this.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
What boggles my mind is that Topps didn't even have the rights to the Hendrix to begin with.
I hope this is the dagger into Topps BS.
Also, everyone check out the National promo that Topps has going. Open a box of Bowman and receive a redemption for another set.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Was it suppose to be just a Hendrix's relic or an autographed relic? Either way I would not be happy with a Doc auto /199

Last edited:

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Would certainly be sending those back,that stinks.I have a 2013 GQ dual auto/relic of Mike Schmidt and George Brett im about to ask to be replaced...If I don't get something good,lord help me.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Even though I love DG as he was my first PC and still my favorite all time player, this very post has made me declare here and now that I will not buy a single Topps product (new or on the 2'ndary) for the next 5 years. Congrats Topps, you most likely just lost $10,000 - $20,000 in sales in the upcoming years. Sure, just a drop in the bucket but I am just so sick of things like this, redemptions over all, and am finally drawing a line in the sand.

Topps, I will make due without you. After 5 years I may reconsider...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well at least now maybe you guys will get the picture now. I hope you like these cards. I think we'll be seeing them for some time to come.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well to be honest, these cards they've been using might be good replacements at times. I think do far we've seen a few decent names. But honestly not a single one would be a good substitute for anything even remotely high end. And if you're a player collector, you're really sol. Getting this for anything related to Hendrix isn't even close. Bad thing is a lot of these types of redemptions are purchased on eBay by people who collect exactly this type of stuff, and not sportscards. So getting s sports card is a double punch in the gut.

I just think people need to be mindful that this is going to keep happening obviously. It wasn't a random thing.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Aside from the fact that the value is a joke, the Gooden is not even remotely close to the card its supposed to replace. Why not at least try with a different relic card of a musician or other historical figure as replacement rather than a 1980s player who sells for $5?

Oh yeah, because they don't care. I forgot. This is why monopolies are illegal in the United States of America. Cryin' shame that Topps is the only MLB licensed card producer, for this exact reason.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Wow. Those Hendrix redemptions were selling like crazy when 2011 American Pie broke. Topps is going to see a sh!t storm from the Hendrix collectors that picked those up on the secondary market.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
When will someone(s) hire a lawyer and go after Topps? This type of actions plus the inclusion of people/redemption not under contract has gone too far.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
The lesson learned here (and a very painful one for those affected) is to NEVER buy high end redemptions.

The second lesson would be that if you pull a high end redemption, sell the thing before the wrapper hits the floor.

Topps sucks.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Is there really any recourse against Topps? I'm sure they have language somewhere on the redemption card that they may not be able to fullfill the redemption and any replacement made will be at their discretion, with no presumed monetary value.

When will someone(s) hire a lawyer and go after Topps? This type of actions plus the inclusion of people/redemption not under contract has gone too far.

Members online