Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Had to pony up for the McGwire eventually ($39 dlvd), and was pleased with the condition:

attachment.php

Still working on those commons - man, are they tough! And unless I get lucky, I will probably never get the Ryne Sandberg or Will Clark. A Ryno recently sold for $200 BIN.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Had to pony up for the McGwire eventually ($39 dlvd), and was pleased with the condition:

attachment.php

Still working on those commons - man, are they tough! And unless I get lucky, I will probably never get the Ryne Sandberg or Will Clark. A Ryno recently sold for $200 BIN.

If I do happen to run across another Clark , I sold my extra last year , I promise I'll come to you first to see if we can do something.

Ryan

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Who is in the 1997 Select Company Sample set?

As far as I know, and I could be very wrong, but I don't think anyone knows 100%. The regular Select Samples are well-cataloged, but the Select Company ones are the kind of thing I didn't even know existed until I picked up a Rickey Henderson at a show a few years back (a very lucrative dime pickup!). On ebay, there's a Ryne Sandberg, a Rickey Henderson (different from the one I had), Frank Thomas, Alex Ochoa, and Derrek Lee. On COMC, there's my Pettitte, a Mark Newfield, and a Todd Dunn (John Jaha and Ronnie Belliard also were sold on COMC). I'm sure there's more but damned if I know.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Clark has one... And Nolan , [MENTION=3735]clarkfan[/MENTION] prob has one of the better views on who has been available in the set

Ryan

Last edited:

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Who is in the 1997 Select Company Sample set?

It's the players in the set with the RED around their name, not the blue. So if you had a Red Select Company, you'll have a Select Company sample. I have 50 or so different, not sure on completeness, but I'm close.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Wow, so then there is a Rusty Greer. I wonder how many I've passed over through the years, if any?

I would assume so, but I don't have one to completely verify. I've collected this promo set on & off for years, so I may have missed one come up for sale, but it is one I'm missing if it does exist.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Is there a Jeter like this as well as I would be interested in getting it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online