Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3 Team/10 Player Trade Done - Wil Myers to SD, Trea Turner to WASH, S. Souza to TB + More

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
It looks like the Padres might be playing some meaningful games in September.
(Dare I say October?)

Go Padres!

I wouldnt get get my hopes up too high. The game is played on the field and not on paper. The padres have seemingly improved but the off season isn't even close to over yet. I could see where a padre fan would be excited though, it looks like the team is finally trying to be competitive. The west should be fun to watch next season.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
So:

T.B. gets: OF Steven Souza, LHP Travis Ott, C Rene Rivera, 1B Jake Bauers, RHP Burch Smith
Washington gets: RHP Joe Ross & SS Trea Turner
S.D gets: OF Wil Myers, C Ryan Hanigan, LHP Jose Castillo & RHP Gerardo Reyes

I guess I like what Washington did the most, as when was Souza expected to do anything substantial with the big club AND you can get a solid prospect starter in Ross AND a possible replacement for Desmond, if you move him, in the deal. I do agree that San Diego gutted their system for Myers and I'm hoping that this year can be a significant improvement or the trades for Kemp and Myers will come back to bite them in the ass.

Last edited:

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I wouldnt get get my hopes up too high. The game is played on the field and not on paper. The padres have seemingly improved but the off season isn't even close to over yet. I could see where a padre fan would be excited though, it looks like the team is finally trying to be competitive. The west should be fun to watch next season.
I think its hard to deny that the Pads have to be #2 favorites in the division right now. Dodgers / Padres / Giants / Diamondbacks / Rockies

So:

T.B. gets: OF Steven Souza, LHP Travis Ott, C Rene Rivera, 1B Jake Bauers, RHP Burch Smith
Washington gets: RHP Joe Ross & SS Trea Turner
S.D gets: OF Wil Myers, C Ryan Hanigan, LHP Jose Castillo & RHP Gerardo Reyes

I guess I like what Washington did the most, as when was Souza expected to do anything substantial with the big club AND you can get a solid prospect starter in Ross AND a possible replacement for Desmond, if you move him, in the deal. I do agree that San Diego gutted their system for Myers and I'm hoping that this year can be a significant improvement or the trades for Kemp and Myers will come back to bite them in the ass.

That's not gutting the system. They kept their top four prospects. The big hit was Turner. The rest of the guys are eh okay. Joe Ross doesn't look very good. Burch Smith looks solid but they far from gutted the system. Thats just a false statement.

Washington and San Diego won this deal.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
I think it's hard to make a case for a team that has a roster full of guys that have never played an important game in MLB. There are a a few questions marks in the bullpen, a few in the infield and they currently have 8 outfielders on the roster. They are also going to be losing their catcher. And as good as Tyson Ross is id be nervous about a guy that throws sliders as often as he does. Bud black is one of the very best managers in the game and has been stifled by years of horrible rosters. Maybe this is will be their year, I just wouldn't say they are the second best team in the west quite yet.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I think its hard to deny that the Pads have to be #2 favorites in the division right now. Dodgers / Padres / Giants / Diamondbacks / Rockies

That's not gutting the system. They kept their top four prospects. The big hit was Turner. The rest of the guys are eh okay. Joe Ross doesn't look very good. Burch Smith looks solid but they far from gutted the system. Thats just a false statement.

Washington and San Diego won this deal.

I should've put w/the Kemp deal as well that their system was gutted. I still see Myers not staying in S.D. and heading to Philly in some sort of deal for Hamels. Call me crazy, but I just see it happening.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I should've put w/the Kemp deal as well that their system was gutted. I still see Myers not staying in S.D. and heading to Philly in some sort of deal for Hamels. Call me crazy, but I just see it happening.

Padres need hitting not pitching. They aren't going to deal for Hamels. Zero percent chance that happens.

The farm still wasn't gutted even with the kemp deal. They only traded Eflin and Weiland for Kemp from the farm.

They still have their top four prospects. I'm not sure where you are getting this whole gutted idea, but it's just not true. Especially when you consider they will have Kemp and Myers for 4+ years each probably. They gave up pennies to acquire these two guys. Not giving up Hedges, Renfroe, Wisler, etc. was amazing considering what they ended up with.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Hmm, sorry to bump an old thread. Padres sure have been busy! I'm sitting on about 50 Joe Ross autos including the 1/1 elite black auto and chrome superfractor.
Love the deal by the way!

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i kinda wanna start a wil myers collection cuz everyone says I look like him but I'm basically done with cards

that being said, is there a big will myers collector on here or anyone with some of his cooler cards? i'd love to see some

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts