Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Arizona Diamondbacks Collector/Talk Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
MY reverse psychology worked this time!

Anybody in AZ get that $50 Summer package they were offering? All 25 games in June/July for $50?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Lets hope the summer months are good to us.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

If we are to stay in contention throughout summer Lamb is going to have to avoid another second half slump like last year and Goldy has to keep the power numbers up. Our rotation has to avoid major injuries, Greinke needs to remain Greinke and if Robbie Ray can continue to evolve into a frontline starter that would be an added bonus.

It's nice to think that we've done this well lately without the help of *******, one of our top players.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
You kidding?? Are you saying that you get to go to every game in June/July for just $50?

Yep, I mean it's Upper Deck seats, but you can also upgrade starting at $10 if you feel like sitting somewhere else during one of the games. $2 a game, and the fact that I work down the street from the ballpark, it seemed like a no-brainer. I ended up splitting with a friend and we got 3 tickets. They had 4,000 available but sold out in a couple days.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Greinke pitching tonight. It feels like he was pitching just a few days ago. His last start was his worst of the season so I'm looking forward to a rebound...

Greinke inning update - 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 1 K (9 pitches)

Yep, I mean it's Upper Deck seats, but you can also upgrade starting at $10 if you feel like sitting somewhere else during one of the games. $2 a game, and the fact that I work down the street from the ballpark, it seemed like a no-brainer. I ended up splitting with a friend and we got 3 tickets. They had 4,000 available but sold out in a couple days.

That's pretty awesome, if I still lived in AZ I'd certainly be tempted.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If you ever need to move a couple, lmk.

Ryan

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Among NL pitchers Zack Greinke is 2nd in rWAR & 3rd in fWAR.

His ERA & FIP are nearly identical so his 2017 performance has not been based on good or bad luck. Simply put, he's just as good as his stat line reads. Many experts believe the reason he's been so good this year is because he's mixing his pitches up perfectly. Despite an all-time low velocity in his 4-seam fastball (avg 90.4 MPH) his slider has been an elite pitch due to increased spin rate. He's actually been throwing more secondary pitches than fastballs this year. He's a very smart pitcher like Greg Maddux and since he doesn't rely on velocity many people believe he'll age well throughout the remainder of his career (a longer duration of good seasons past his prime years).

oh yeah...

For at least today we are (tied) in FIRST PLACE!!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Tie ball game and.............FREE TACOS!

Of course, Yasmany fails to give us the lead by striking out (like usual) with runner at 3rd & only 1 out.

Goldy is 2-for-3 with a HR & 3 RBI

Paul Goldschmidt update - .308 avg 13 HR 43 RBI 1.010 OPS 12 SB 47 Runs (leads league in walks & runs scored)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Robby Ray pitched another masterpiece, putting up a season high 11 strikeouts while giving up only one earned run in 6.2 IP.
In his last 4 games he has put together 30.1 IP while giving up only 1 ER with a 36:5 strikeout to walk ratio.

2017 season: 6-3, 2.85 ERA, 3.23 FIP, 1.07 WHIP, 75.2 IP, 95 K/31 BB, 11.3 K/9, 2.6 WAR

Top 10 NL stat rankings
1 Shutout - 1st
95 Strikeouts - 2nd
1 Complete Game - 2nd
11.3 K/9 - 3rd
2.6 WAR - 3rd
2.85 ERA - 4th
6 Wins - 6th
1.9 fWAR - 6th
3.23 FIP - 7th
1.07 WHIP - 7th
75.2 IP - 8th

In other words, he's basically top 10 in every stat imaginable. I'm glad they didn't follow my advice early last year and convert him into a closer.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Really hoping this isn't just a good run and he's finally put things together. He always had the stuff, so I don't think it's a fluke.

Hope he gets some more cards in the future, but I did pick this up last year!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Well we gave the Padres quite an ass kicking in this series and especially today, final score 15-3. That would be a sweep!

This D-Backs team just crushes it at home. I believe they mentioned we have the best home record in the NL (or majors)
Such a flip from last year.

Ryan

Members online

Latest posts