Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 Fleer Stitches in Time and the ***** Leagues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
That's what they say, try and find a pic of one though.

Didn't search for too long but you're right, I was unable to find a picture. I wouldn't be surprised if there are only a couple out there, if any. If they are I bet they're in 10 cent insert boxes at shows

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Didn't search for too long but you're right, I was unable to find a picture. I wouldn't be surprised if there are only a couple out there, if any. If they are I bet they're in 10 cent insert boxes at shows

I think if they were out there, they were sold as a lot in a Fleer Auction, and the buyer knows what he has. This is how the Willie Mays unsigned auto cards entered the market. I can't find any info on the Bell though, and I've looked for years.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I think if they were out there, they were sold as a lot in a Fleer Auction, and the buyer knows what he has. This is how the Willie Mays unsigned auto cards entered the market. I can't find any info on the Bell though, and I've looked for years.

True, I remember Fleer having a ton of vault auctions with all sorts of unreleased stuff and oddball inserts, plates, etc. This could have been in one of those; IMO it's a shame that this is really the only ***** league set of any value that I know of (I don't even know of any other Banks, Campanella, etc. cards that have them in a ***** league uni) and it isn't even fully complete.

Would you ever get the Mays signed IP if you had the opportunity? I personally think it would be cool if you could acquire two copies, keep one as is and get one signed IP if it was ever convenient.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
True, I remember Fleer having a ton of vault auctions with all sorts of unreleased stuff and oddball inserts, plates, etc. This could have been in one of those; IMO it's a shame that this is really the only ***** league set of any value that I know of (I don't even know of any other Banks, Campanella, etc. cards that have them in a ***** league uni) and it isn't even fully complete.

Would you ever get the Mays signed IP if you had the opportunity? I personally think it would be cool if you could acquire two copies, keep one as is and get one signed IP if it was ever convenient.

Well, supposedly Mays won't sign anything of him in a ***** League uniform, so may not be possible. If you see this card autographed, chances are its forged.

But even if he would sign it, I have no desire to spend my money on a Mays auto. I've been at two different shows where he was signing, and he was NOT a nice person. Very dismissive of the people paying big bucks for his auto. Wouldn't look at them, didn't want to talk to them, etc. I was disappointed to see him like that, as I believe he was the greatest all-around player.

Plus, I'm a little weird in that I like to collect cards exactly as they were issued to by the card company. I prefer items unsigned if they were issued unsigned. I don't remove protective film or take cards out of sealed hard cases if they were issued with them. Just my way of collecting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts