Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

93 Finest vs 93 Finest Refractor - Which Card is This? HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Many people, myself included, believe these cards have more than 241 copies, which were derived by production numbers and box odds.
[MENTION=12651]zlpeterson[/MENTION] - not many kids were receiving Finest as gifts. These were expensive packs back in the day and the price on boxes rose quickly. Kids had a lot of less expensive options. Finest boxes were mostly the realm of hardcore collectors.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Guys lol I'm not trying to argue about the price of the pack or a card or who received what as a kid back in 1993. I'm simply stating that this is a high value card, a highly desirable card and counterfeit makers chase high value cards. I would have to imagine that it isn't unreasonable to think there's a fake or two out there. That's it.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
There are likely more than 241 of each card, especially the Stars. Someone from the print plant was discovered selling uncut sheets. Plus there is also information that links this person to selling 50 ct boxes of stars to a dealer at a large West Coast show in late 1993 or into 1994.

300 cards is a likely number to consider.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Guys lol I'm not trying to argue about the price of the pack or a card or who received what as a kid back in 1993. I'm simply stating that this is a high value card, a highly desirable card and counterfeit makers chase high value cards. I would have to imagine that it isn't unreasonable to think there's a fake or two out there. That's it.

I think some members disagree more so with your implication that 1993 Finest was a brand that:

• "...people that quite honestly didn't really give a sh*t about..." or
  • "...[people] were receiving ... for birthdays, christmas, you name it. 5 year olds, 10 year olds. Look at the cards, put them in spokes, toss them in a shoe box..."
rather than your counterfeit argument.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Could there be fakes? Probably. Look at what Mouschi does on s regular basis for customs. But I think there aren't a lot of people out there with this kind of skill. If there are fakes, it's most likely minimal.

Members online

Latest posts