Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Topps series 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] - There's 1/1 and 1/99 wall art of Dawson too. I'm passing on the Grace at $99. Grace only has the 1/1 available.

ARTBBLE-POS-16TBB1-2611-GOLD-S.png

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
@Hawk8 - There's 1/1 and 1/99 wall art of Dawson too. I'm passing on the Grace at $99. Grace only has the 1/1 available.

ARTBBLE-POS-16TBB1-2611-GOLD-S.png

Just saw his relic card on eBay, didn't purchase it for $49.99 lol, but if they would have used the photo from this card then I would probably have some Topps wall art coming for my walls

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
A Juan Nieves No-Hitter pin relic or a Jeff Cirillo Pressed Into Service card woulda been nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I own two of these. They're awesome, especially if you display stuff on walls. They come with a mount.

Did Topps not do the acetate /10 cards this year?

Yes they did. I pulled a V-Mart last night.

As much as the parallels might be unappealing for the rest of the colors, the clear look great. I mean, there isn't much daylight between them and the Topps Tek acetate, but they look good regardless.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
My take on 2016 Topps Series1 (Retail Blasters) on a 1-10 scale:

Design: 9.0 - Modern design. I know some don't like it because of the lack or borders but sometimes you have to mix it up a little bit. 1990 and 2015 Topps mixed it up with the color schemes and the 2016 year went borderless.

Paper Stock: 5.0 - The paper is a little thin. I believe they used this grade of paper with 2015 Stadium club & Archives. I believe they're using a thinner paper to get two more cards per pack to do two things: Make the customer feel as if they're getting more for their money and so they didnt have to retrofit their packing machines to accommodate the additional cards.

Player Selection: 9.9 - Who knows how the players are selected for series 1 or series 2 but Topps knows series 1 will always sell and yes, they purposely leave bigger stars and rookies out of series one so you'll buy series 2 as well.

Parallels: 8.5 - They are what they are. Some of them are fluff, as its the same Ted Williams card every year. Some of them are fun to chase for your PC. Topps Bunt app users have seen some of these designs before. I believe that Topps is using Bunt to test designs and they should.

Value: Not sure on the hobby or jumbo end of it but for Retail (I've only bought 3 blasters) you get 101 cards vs previous years where you only get 81. Out of three blastes,r I completed 63% of the base set with only 4 duplicate cards, the rest where the inserts. I'll fill in the remaining 37% next month at the local monthly card show. I don't like the coupon cards or social media cards being included in the 101 card count though. Looks like there are some early positive sales on eBay, the Bautista bat flip card in particular. With retail blasters you get those really thick medallion cards and those seem to make the collector feel good even though the rest of the box was (what some consider) a dud.

Fun - 10.0: It's always fun to rip open packs, no matter what brand or year. I think we all like the mystery of what's inside. It's always fun to get 'that pack' with the big hit when the odds are in favor of the big case rippers to get the bigger hits.

Will I buy more? Probably not. I'll just buy the remaining I need for the set and the parallels of my PC guy via eBay or local card show.

Bring on Heritage!

Fordman

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
sold 6 Bautista cards at 9.99 each (when others were selling at $15-$20

Now I see them at $5-$7

Maybe everyone in Canada wants one, sold 6 to Canada residents

Members online