Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Leaf Rize the official name now? 4,700+ auctions on eBay and Rize is on Leaf's product page

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I was looking on eBay to see what all the different Yasiel Puig cards look like and the 2012 Leaf Rize cards kept appearing.
Then I remembered last year's giant thread about the controversy over the naming rights:
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/leaf-trading-cards-customer-forum/116681-2012-leaf-rize.html

Brian wrote that he'd have "his people" order eBay to have the word 'Leaf' removed from all of the Rize auction titles.

Well, I just searched Leaf Rize on eBay, and more than 4,700 auctions popped up.

Then I looked on Leaf's website, and there's a page for Rize Draft in the list of Leaf products.
Baseball | Leaf Trading Cards

So are Rize cards officially Leaf cards now? Because Leaf is obviously not worrying about them being called Leaf anymore, as evidenced by eBay auctions and its own website.

(This is not a troll post. I'm genuinely curious. I just preordered a box of my first Leaf product a few days ago, Leaf Pride of the Pinstripes.)

Last edited:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I am not sure about the legitimacy of the naming scheme, but everyone already considers them a LEAF product in some fashion.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I hope he also reported each person selling a Superprismatic with the word "Superfractor" in the title

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Our position has not changed. This product is a "private label" product produced for RIZE utilizing Leaf's licensing (yes, it is player licensing) and autograph contracts. Leaf must put its name on the copyright as (1) we printed the cards for RIZE utilizing their designs/concepts/brand names and (2) because the are produced using our rights, the name must appear on the card (albeit in as minor a way as legally possible). LEAF does NOT provide customer service on this product and does NOT sell this product to its wholesale customers in any capacity. Hope this clears up confusion, BG

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
"See, we made them, and we licensed the autographs, and we advertise them on our website, and the name of the company is on the card . . . but these aren't the Leaf cards you're looking for. Go about your business. Move along."

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
"See, we made them, and we licensed the autographs, and we advertise them on our website, and the name of the company is on the card . . . but these aren't the Leaf cards you're looking for. Go about your business. Move along."
We'll do or print anything for a buck. I'd like to know what "licensing" BG speaks of?

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Gotta love the old Jedi Mindtrick...

"I answered the questions I wanted to answer, without addressing the point about whether or not they are asking eBay to remove "Leaf" from listings for "Rize" cards." Way to protect that brand name!

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
The perfect new name.

Leaf Just Rize!!

Just Rize Above The Rest!!!!!

Gotta throw in the !!!!! Leaf loves to use them as well.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
So how many guys in this Rize crap have autographs in Leaf?

I seem to remember having to hear how not to worry that they wouldnt flood the market and destroy the values of leaf cards? And how the checklists are much different? Is this still the case?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...-than-difference-between-prism-prismatic.html

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/leaf-trading-cards-customer-forum/116681-2012-leaf-rize.html

This product is not made by Leaf... The players are licensed to Rize by Leaf... Leaf is in no way connected to Rise outside of this licensing...

We are NOT in any way involved in the selling, etc of this product.. We merely secured the player deals and autographs for them as a new manufacturer....

This is why there is no leaf logo...it's not a leaf card...

All we do is give them the licensing.

Thank you for pointing this out.. I hadnt seen this,,,, I am having my guys contact them immediately to remove the use of our trademark..

To make it very clear, we license, acquire autographs and facilitate printing on Rize's behalf...

Leaf has no ownership interest, provides no customer service for or in no way markets or advertises this brand in the marketplace. The copyright (based on our licensing,etc) is our only connection...
All we do is give them the licensing.
And print them.

What's next?

Last edited:

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Our position has not changed. This product is a "private label" product produced for RIZE utilizing Leaf's licensing (yes, it is player licensing) and autograph contracts. Leaf must put its name on the copyright as (1) we printed the cards for RIZE utilizing their designs/concepts/brand names and (2) because the are produced using our rights, the name must appear on the card (albeit in as minor a way as legally possible). LEAF does NOT provide customer service on this product and does NOT sell this product to its wholesale customers in any capacity. Hope this clears up confusion, BG

How many more unlicensed cards does the market want of these prospects? It's just getting old, and I'm sick of going through listings of player X and seeing the majority of listings being this Rize crap.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
How many more unlicensed cards does the market want of these prospects? It's just getting old, and I'm sick of going through listings of player X and seeing the majority of listings being this Rize crap.

Licensing confuses so many people, its essentially meaningless. This post is just another example.

As BG said these cards are indeed licensed.

Members online

Latest posts