Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

num1jrfan

May 19, 2013
damm i wanted this. but talked to upperdeck. even they say stay away from it.

I have the EBAY banner set up so I get "Griffey Auto" when I get on FCB..

I just saw this auto which looks so wacked it's not even funny..

I'd avoid it..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171244793855

fake.JPG

vs this one which is more like his auto..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151227600600

real.JPG

num1jrfan

May 19, 2013
thought the same thing. but it's not numbered either. and the real ones are. anyways even upperdeck's fraud team is looking into it.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Hey guys! Is this a better Griffey spot than the Beckett boards?!

I noticed this popped up a couple pages ago, I bought it. All the other ones I've seen have the same stamp. It is kind of boring for a 1/1 I agree. It might be resold this weekend for a cash/trade deal which would net me the one card I've been trying to acquire since I knew it existed!

Last edited:

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I recognize some names here, but figure I'll share my collection since im
392 pages behind lol bHere is some of my rare stuff, this should double in a week./100

/100

/50

/50

/50

/50

/99

/91

/104

/50

/56

/50

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Nice cards. I like that 9 card frame with cards.. Kind of neat idea..
Thanks. Myra I saw it on the wall in a NY card shop when I visited. It's good for those price range of inserts but I would put anything too valuable in them. The recessed are isn't very deep.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I've always liked this set--creative design / frame and pretty-hard-to-track down refractors!

I believe the odds were 1:60 packs paralleling a 440-card set

GriffeyJrKen_2000BowmanChromeRetroFutureRefractors_PSA10.jpg

num1jrfan

May 19, 2013
i'm looking for the 2013 pannini prizm gold griffey numbered to i think
/10

and 2013 TTT legend card /3

let me know if anyone has one. or seen them. havnt seen any pop up anywhere.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Hey everyone! - Relatively new to FCB and made a few posts in other threads, but not here yet.

To briefly introduce myself to the thread, I'm almost entirely a 90s insert/parallel guy as that's the era I grew up/began collecting in. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread, acquiring such interesting knowledge and of course admiring some of the Griffeys you all have been nice enough to share.

Additionally, I've enjoyed meeting some of you already and look forward to meeting more of you and keeping this amazing thread going. Of course, I'm always looking for any of those rare, rarer, and ultra-high end Griffeys from the 90s era that I don't already have, so I also look forward to expanding and lending a helping hand to other fellow Griffey collectors in any way I can.

Lastly, a post in here wouldn't be complete without a scan; here's a link to the story behind the card as well:
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133065&p=2114133#post2114133

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
Great story and an even better pull! Glad someone was able to get that Griff outta his foil wrapper prison. Beautiful card and welcome.

Latest posts