Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Longest Odds Item You've Ever Pulled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
The reason I ask is yesterday I beat the odds with 2015 Topps Heritage. If I'm looking at this correctly the card (redemption) I pulled is listed as 1:420,360, correct me if I read it wrong. The highest listed on the wrapper. I wonder how many of these there are.
2015 Heritage Set Redemption.jpg

Now the question is "What do I do with it?" Redeem or Sell? If I sell what do you recommend? Auction Buy it Now/BO?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
That is an amazing pull. But knowing Topps this redemption will takes years to fill as I am sure they need to procure the set via Ebay. Card by Card.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Pretty freaking sweet pull, but I'd sell. Doubt it would get fulfilled. Can't remember the odds, but my best/longest odds pull:

PriceSuperfractorBGS.jpg

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome pull! Though I'm also a bit wary about redeeming it and IF actually received the condition of the cards.

For me, the one pull that comes to mind was a Hank Aaron King of Kings Jersey from 01 topps. 1:2056

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Wow , congrats. Hopefully it's in decent shape. Good luck w it

In terms of odds I hit 4 1991 Donruss Elite Nolan Ryan's in one box. Based on production, that was probably over a 1:Million type thing.

Ryan

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Sell it; knowing Topps you can encounter a number of different obstacles even if they fulfill the redemption.
If it were me selling, I would list at a relatively high BIN and try to field a few offers. Just an opinion, others would do it differently I'm sure.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Meh why must we clutter up these boards with threads for redemptions, we know Topps is not going to send out. Could just start one, and add to it on daily basis for a 10 pagers at least. :twisted::twisted:

Nice nice anyway. Sell that puppy for 15 hundo and quick

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I would sell, sell, sell. Good chance that will go VERY high, and will take forever to redeem. As others posted, from some of the other redemption threads that have been floating around, there is a good chance that Topps does not even have these cards and will have to go out and find them on the open market to piece a set together.....then the question is what condition are the cards going to be in, are you getting PSA 4-6 range, 7 and above, or commons in good shape and the stars in PSA 1 shape??

Too many variables for me, I would sell and not look back.

EDIT: and to answer your 2nd question, BIN/BO with a BIN set at or just a bit higher than completed auctions for those Topps Sets.

TK

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Congrats on the pull. Among all other comments, THIS is actually a reason for having a redemption because you can't put a complete set in a pack haha

In other news, sell it for sure!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Topps will probably fill the 1966 set redemption. They don't have to do anything, they just have a buyer/dealer put it together like they do when gathering buybacks. Based on what the buybacks have been like recently, though, I would get ready to be disappointed in the condition.

My longest printed odds are probably the Japanese Nomo card that was in 1998 Bowman, about 1:3500 as I recall. I also pulled a Russell Branyan Presidents Edition #/10 from 1998 SP Top Prospects, but they didn't have odds on those as I recall. Probably about 1 per every couple cases or so.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Topps will probably fill the 1966 set redemption. They don't have to do anything, they just have a buyer/dealer put it together like they do when gathering buybacks. Based on what the buybacks have been like recently, though, I would get ready to be disappointed in the condition.

My longest printed odds are probably the Japanese Nomo card that was in 1998 Bowman, about 1:3500 as I recall. I also pulled a Russell Branyan Presidents Edition #/10 from 1998 SP Top Prospects, but they didn't have odds on those as I recall. Probably about 1 per every couple cases or so.

I got the Shigetoshi Hasegawa! Huge odds. For crap. :)

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Wow that's awesome. Probably in horrid shape but a full set non the less.
My highest odds was a TOPPS series one Allie Reynolds yankee stadium seat card out of retail. Odds were 1:60,000+

A_Pharis

My highest odd pull was from retail. It was a 2006 Home Run Derby contest card of Hank Blalock. Had he been in the derby and won, I would have won a set of Topps with the blue borders. It had MASSIVE odds, but he wasn't even in the derby.

Last edited:

BoyWonder089

Jul 14, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Very cool pull! If I didn't need/want the cash that you could get for selling it, I would say redeem it. With such a long shot pull, I would want to redeem it just because you never know when you will pull something like that again. Even if Topps sends you crummy replacement, at least you have something to remember such an awesome and exciting pull!

As far as my longest odds, I don't even have any that stick out :sad:

Last edited:

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
This card out of 2011 Bowman Draft is listed on the wrapper as 1:120,000 packs. To put it in perspective a little, it is 20x as hard to hit as a red 1/1 parallel from 2010 BDP and over 10x harder to hit than the super rare Lucky Redemption autos in 2013 Bowman.

fulmer.plate.au.11bdp.nsc.jpg

Members online

Latest posts