Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TwinsFest Recap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Just got done scanning and uploading my pictures from TwinsFest and figured I might as well post my recap tonight while it is fresh.

TL/DR: Got lots of autos and game used items at TwinsFest. Pictures at the bottom.

Sorry for the jumbled mess and wall of text. Trying to describe 2 days worth of TwinsFest is tough without getting too long. Tried my best to keep it short

Also, thanks to [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4648]TGutta[/MENTION] for helping out in a few lines and for the sweet Ginters (2012 Ginters of Morneau and Cuddyer)

Some might call me crazy, some dedicated, others stupid. I drive 10.5 hours (if the roads are clear) to go to TwinsFest. I'm out in Western Nebraska, just a little over 4 hours from Denver. But as a Twins fan, how am I supposed to pass up TwinsFest? There are a lot of people that complain about it, but to me, if you know what you're going into you can get a lot done. I held a contest for people to guess how many autos I would get. All of them were well below what I actually did. There were some autograph sessions where I was able to hit up 3 of the 4 or 5 signing sessions.

So yesterday I planned on that being my busy day. If I was able to knock out a lot of the autographs that I wanted I would have a fairly easy day today with my dad and sister there with me. First thing was to hit up the yard sale. Not much in terms of game used or decent deals on the bobbleheads that I needed at the time. Found a few things for my 10 year old cousin that has turned into a huge Twins fan. I'd have to say my best purchase there was a Frank Viola signed baseball with 87 WS MVP and 88 AL Cy inscriptions for $15. After that, I went and started hitting up the autograph lines. Pictures to follow.

Today was going to be a little easier in terms of autograph stations. I walked from the hotel to the stadium and was 3rd in line at the gate. Yes, I may have stood in line for about an hour, but when my dad, sister, and I were aall able to get through the Joe Mauer and Michael Cuddyer line within 15 minutes of the session starting, I wasn't complaining one bit. After that first session I'm walking by the Twins game used kiosk (those that know me know I'm a sucker for full game used items) I see they have a rack of spring training used jerseys. There's one guy on one end so I start on the other. I see him grab a couple of jerseys and starts making phone calls. I get through the rack and see two jerseys that catch my eye. I grab them quickly so I can debate on whether or not I want to get one, both, and see if a buddy wants one. I ask the other guy what jerseys he snagged. He had Joe Mauer and Brian Dozier jerseys in his hands. I was extremely jealous. My dog's freaking name is Dozier after all and Mauer is, well Joe Mauer. I talk to my dad and he convinces me to get the two jerseys that I grabbed (pictures later).

After the second autograph session I took an entire session off. Between the 3 of us, my dad and sister were both able to hit up the same table during the second session while I hit up 2 other tables myself. After that session I contemplated calling it a day. I had it my main needs in the first 2 sessions- Joe Mauer, Michael Cuddyer, Tony Oliva, Mudcat Grant, Jack Morris, and Glen Perkins. During this time I decided to hit up the yard sale again and see if there was anything new put out or prices lowered. I ended up grabbing a Tom Kelly signed ball with an 87 and 91 WS Champs inscription. I only saw two signed in blue, the rest in black. So I grabbed the blue one with the least amount of smudging. I also grabbed a Gene Larkin signed ball with a " 91 WS Game Winning Hit" inscription.

After the 3rd auto session I decided to go hit up 3 tables during the 4th session- Miguel Sano was the main target, a free table next with Daniel Palka and Nick Burdi, then a table with Trevor May and Ryan O'Rourke. I went to the free line first, figuring Sano would have a decent line at the start of the session. I then went to the May/O'Rourke line and I was the only one in it so I took my time and talked with the guys at the table for a little bit. Then I went up to Miguel Sano. I could have made it through Sano's line 2 or 3 times if I was really feeling ambitious, but I figured once was good enough for me as I was getting worn out.

I then walked through the Legends Club and stop at the Rochester Red Wings. I see that they have some game used nameplates from the back of jerseys worn by guys when they got sent down or rehabbed in Rochester. They were $20 apiece or 2 for $30. So I start looking through them and I find a Denard Span. For those that don't know, I used to PC Span, and still do to an extent as far as game used items go (Have a hat, bat, jersey, locker tag.) I keep looking and come across a Brian Dozier nameplate. Score! I stopped looking and bought those two. My favorite former Twins and favorite current Twin! Heck, my dog is named after Dozier so I had to get it. After that I met up with my dad and sister who were playing bingo and told them I was good to go if they were. We had a 4.5 hour drive to my dad's house, turned into 5+ due to some crappy driving conditions.

For a lot of players that I didn't have cards of or saw a couple of times I had them sign their page in the 2016 Twins yearbook. I believe I added 15 autos to it at TwinsFest this year. Some of the bigger names I added- Dick Bremer (broadcaster), Jim Pohlad (CEO/owner), Trevor May, and other lesser guys

Sorry for the long read, pictures are below. Sorry for the large scans. Didn't adjust the size before uploading them-

Cards first-
Scan0003_zpsboo2mzt9.jpg

Scan0004_zpsj91wtfc1.jpg

Scan0005_zpsfjzrvxwe.jpg

Scan0006_zpstpg0idhn.jpg

Scan0007_zps4joyqq9f.jpg

Scan0008_zpsekpe9n9z.jpg

Scan0009_zpsbgfls4e9.jpg

Scan0010_zpsum0nln6a.jpg

Scan0011_zpsefpqronr.jpg

8x10s-
Scan0013_zpsxc5hjh6z.jpg

Scan0015_zpsewcxz3ku.jpg

Scan0014_zpsegiuuqsd.jpg

Scan0012_zps4pgnduz2.jpg

Molitor 8x10 (dad got it signed at the caravan last week for me, also got a ball, but no picture of the ball)
Scan0017_zpsoa1afboo.jpg

Rochester Nameplates-
Scan0001_zpsrqwh37us.jpg

Scan0002_zpsq14n7urn.jpg

Full Game worn jerseys-
20170128_211953_zpsvyoauehb.jpg

20170128_212044_zpsks93mwv7.jpg

20170128_212202_zpsr7wdnttm.jpg

20170128_212306_zpsuugu5z71.jpg

Last edited:

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Awesome stuff. One of these years I need to go back to twinsfest. What is the average price for game used jerseys?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Awesome stuff. One of these years I need to go back to twinsfest. What is the average price for game used jerseys?

It varies. I got a steal on the Molitor jerseys, hence why I bought two. The yard sale has lesser name guys at $50 and then I guess the game used kiosk had a Mauer spring training jersey priced at $1000 Friday night

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Wow! Those A&G and Heritage cards are made to be signed. Congrats, sounds like a great time

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Wow! Those A&G and Heritage cards are made to be signed. Congrats, sounds like a great time

As you have probably seen in the MT, signed Ginters are a main collecting focus for me. I'm trying to get every Twins Ginter card signed. After this weekend I'm at 73 of 99 Twins Ginters. 5 of my needs are Justin Morneau, 2 are Johan Santana, 2 are Jim Thome, 1 is Harmon Killebrew (tough), and then 1 Tsuyoshi Nishioka (tough!).

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
As you have probably seen in the MT, signed Ginters are a main collecting focus for me. I'm trying to get every Twins Ginter card signed. After this weekend I'm at 73 of 99 Twins Ginters. 5 of my needs are Justin Morneau, 2 are Johan Santana, 2 are Jim Thome, 1 is Harmon Killebrew (tough), and then 1 Tsuyoshi Nishioka (tough!).
Oh yeah, I've seen them many times, I think that is going to be a great collection when it's done.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
It varies. I got a steal on the Molitor jerseys, hence why I bought two. The yard sale has lesser name guys at $50 and then I guess the game used kiosk had a Mauer spring training jersey priced at $1000 Friday night
Those were a great price for the Molitor jerseys. $1000 for a ST Mauer is borderline madness. Great additions, all-around.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
My wife went on Friday night. I was out of town until Saturday, so I let her go and do what she could. I set her up with a few things, of course. she got Dozier on a ball...

Probably the best I have ever seen his signature.

She did the 87 team line and got 5 more sigs on a partial 87 ball I have. the rest I had with cards.

The Laudner/Eisenreich/Hrbek will take some time to complete since Jim hasn't come to Twinsfest in years. But if/when he does, I'll be ready.

She got a Santana bobblehead in her grab bag, so when she had opportunity, she got him to sign it.

I'm not always a fan of these autographed, but this way looks pretty good.

Not as many autos as [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] or [MENTION=4648]TGutta[/MENTION], but she managed to pick up a few more.

Felt a little weird not going this year, but thinking about next year instead of what I missed out on this year. (Kepler, Cuddyer, they'll be around.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts