Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1981 Trackle Darryl Strawberry Post Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dstrawberryfan39

Oct 16, 2013
Anyone have any information about this item? I know there is one on ebay but I would like to find one with a little better price? Advice and comments please!!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Don't know anything about it, but it's a pretty cool piece. Doubt they are easy to come by.

Ryan

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Haven't seen one in a long time. Would not buy the one on eBay regardless due to someone writing on the back. Good luck!

dstrawberryfan39

Oct 16, 2013
[MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] can we work something out about the t-shirt prints of darryl strawberry??please pm me?

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
The Standard Catalog has catalogued them since at least 2000, but Beckett has never recognized them. Sadly for the majority of collectors in the hobby, if Beckett doesn't recognize a set, it doesn't exist or doesn't matter.

Sets were issued from 1979 to at least 1985, mostly for teams in the Carolina League and International League. The creator supposedly lived in the Richmond area or something like that. The writing on the back is most likely by the guy who produced the cards. I've seen a John Smoltz with similar writing. Cecil Fielder's earliest card is from a 1984 set for the Kinston Blue Jays. Tony Fernandez, Mike Greenwell, David Wells and Todd Benzinger are probably the only other recognizable names from the various sets. I'll dig through some of my old magazines and see if I can find earlier information about them.

dstrawberryfan39

Oct 16, 2013
[MENTION=4035]DaClyde[/MENTION] thanks for the information I never knew these existed I just happened upon it on my daily searches.

Hunterfikes

Jan 28, 2020
I have the Fielder. I sold Wells and Jose Mesa years ago. A man named Brooke Treacle created the sets. I think I got approximately 50 each for the Wells and Mesa on eBay. I actually bought a box of the postcards and original photos taken by Treacle. I still have a Jesse Barfield and another Fielder photo taken by Treacle.

Members online