Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Lifetime Membership Gold Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Each team honors the lifetime passes in different ways. The Red Sox, for instance, allow the bearer and one (if applicable) into the stadium, but without seats. Some clubs are more generous than others. Minor league teams often recognize major league passes too. Some MLB teams recognize minor league passes. It's up to each club's policy.

So if you can't get a seat just stand in the aisle then?

Aug 3, 2014
If no assigned seat or ticket, many parks have standing room. A buddy of mine takes me with him. We got denied for Jeter's last game at Anaheim as it was sold out. He took me again to the Angel game a month later and we had great seats. I've been to six different stadiums with him. It's kind of neat to see the pass used. We've also been to a few minor league parks.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
That is the coolest freakin thing I've ever seen. I used to dream about a lifetime pass to Disney, but this thing beats it! Wow, just wow.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Those are beautiful- I also think I remember seeing Ted Williams' pass (don't think it was gold though) in Hunt's auctions.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Aug 3, 2014
Yep, any National or American league game and that is assuming it is not a sold out game or anything like that. It is subject to availability but I can guaranty you, unless it is a special or post season game, the correct holder of that pass gets in the park.

You'd be surprised how much the acceptance of the passes varies. Some teams go out of their way to accommodate; some almost don't care. In fact, it's possible to get denied for a really big regular season game.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
You'd be surprised how much the acceptance of the passes varies. Some teams go out of their way to accommodate; some almost don't care. In fact, it's possible to get denied for a really big regular season game.

It is all based on availability. Teams are not going to kick a paying customer out of their seat to accomodate a complimentary pass. Anyone who gets issued a pass knows this rule.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I doubt you'd just walk up to a gate to present this pass because your average ticket taker doesn't know anything about it. You'd go to one of the special entrances, for press or players or staff or whatever. They have rooms and skyboxes and such for guests of the team or the league. You can probably walk around the stadium and sit where you like, but it's doubtful people with these things actually do that. And I really doubt a major league team is going to tel the holder of one of these things to go find whatever's available in the bleachers.

mchenrycards

I doubt you'd just walk up to a gate to present this pass because your average ticket taker doesn't know anything about it. You'd go to one of the special entrances, for press or players or staff or whatever. They have rooms and skyboxes and such for guests of the team or the league. You can probably walk around the stadium and sit where you like, but it's doubtful people with these things actually do that. And I really doubt a major league team is going to tel the holder of one of these things to go find whatever's available in the bleachers.

As someone who worked for a MLB team and spent some time accommodating holders of these passes, I can tell you that the team I worked for had the holder of these passes go to the press entrance for admittance. Frequently the holder would go to the admin office of the team or to the ticket office and obtain a "comp" ticket so they had a seat to sit in. Generally the team would give the holder of the pass a "best available" seat and would almost never put them in a skybox since those boxes are revenue generators for the team and the pass holder is getting a freeby.

As for telling a pass holder to sit in the bleachers, I can tell you that the team I worked for had their complimentary seats placed in center field when their crosstown rivals were in the playoffs one year. These teams just did not get along as the front offices hated each other and made their feelings clear in the press. These seats were terrible and a good distance from home plate. As luck would have it, the other team was in the playoffs the next year and I will give you one guess where they put their rival's complimentary seats. It was very odd seeing some of the players and much of the front office standing in the center field concession stand line with the common fan. This stuff does actually happen.

Aug 3, 2014
As someone who worked for a MLB team and spent some time accommodating holders of these passes, I can tell you that the team I worked for had the holder of these passes go to the press entrance for admittance. Frequently the holder would go to the admin office of the team or to the ticket office and obtain a "comp" ticket so they had a seat to sit in. Generally the team would give the holder of the pass a "best available" seat and would almost never put them in a skybox since those boxes are revenue generators for the team and the pass holder is getting a freeby.

As for telling a pass holder to sit in the bleachers, I can tell you that the team I worked for had their complimentary seats placed in center field when their crosstown rivals were in the playoffs one year. These teams just did not get along as the front offices hated each other and made their feelings clear in the press. These seats were terrible and a good distance from home plate. As luck would have it, the other team was in the playoffs the next year and I will give you one guess where they put their rival's complimentary seats. It was very odd seeing some of the players and much of the front office standing in the center field concession stand line with the common fan. This stuff does actually happen.

This in formation is a little different than the experience I've had in 23 stadiums. Most parks actually have pass holders get tickets at a ticket window. Boston and Chicago (National League) are different. They offer no tickets, just admission. The other 21 stadiums offered mostly very good seats. Press gate access is another way to go, but then there is no assigned seat or ticket. Never ever will a holder be placed in a skybox. However, in every single instance, press box access is granted. In nearly every instance pre-game field access is granted as well. Pass holders also are treated well by ushers who often know the lay of the land at their stadium and arrange unoccupied seats for the pass holder. There is a sign in every press box in the big leagues that has pictures of all the different kinds of credentials and passes. Most have specific direction over how the pass holders are treated. The treatment of the Lifetime Pass holders varies greatly by club. That's just speaking from experience in 23 stadiums. As for post season the clubs are under no obligation to oblige admission for the pass holders as they're (in theory) for regular season only.

Aug 3, 2014
It is all based on availability. Teams are not going to kick a paying customer out of their seat to accomodate a complimentary pass. Anyone who gets issued a pass knows this rule.

Sorry for the late response. I just got back on this site and for whatever reason felt the need to respond to the misinformation and spelling errors disseminated in your posts. Having been issued a lifetime pass and letter of thanks from Bowie Kuhn, I can tell you that much of what you're offered is inaccurate. If you should wish at any time to send a personal message with questions for clarification, feel free. Certainly I cannot speak to your experience in the employ of a specific club, but I can speak to three decades of use of a lifetime pass among other baseball experiences. Our of curiosity, in what position did you gain employment? With any luck, I'll remember to visit this site and check it more frequently.

Cheers.

mchenrycards

Sorry for the late response. I just got back on this site and for whatever reason felt the need to respond to the misinformation and spelling errors disseminated in your posts. Having been issued a lifetime pass and letter of thanks from Bowie Kuhn, I can tell you that much of what you're offered is inaccurate. If you should wish at any time to send a personal message with questions for clarification, feel free. Certainly I cannot speak to your experience in the employ of a specific club, but I can speak to three decades of use of a lifetime pass among other baseball experiences. Our of curiosity, in what position did you gain employment? With any luck, I'll remember to visit this site and check it more frequently.

Cheers.

Wow nothing like being called out by someone with 12 posts on the boards and nearly six months later. Let me quote you and here you will get your answer about me.

"This in formation is a little different than the experience I've had in 23 stadiums. Most parks actually have pass holders get tickets at a ticket window. Boston and Chicago (National League) are different. They offer no tickets, just admission."

I will let you guess which team I worked for where you posted as saying "does things different". Yeah, they do definitely do things different and I was only stating what I know about the team that I worked for at the time. Are things different now? Maybe. But I know what we did back then. I am sorry if that does not match up with your expertise in all things related to stadium operations at all Major League parks.

I will be more than happy to not only provide you information on what position I had and provide that proof but it will have to be tonight as my work computer will not allow me access to my previous scans. With any luck, I hope you do come back and visit this site more frequently because someone with your knowledge is certainly invaluable to the collecting community. And hopefully in the future you will take this to private message before calling someone out on the boards first and making them look like they are ill informed and maybe not telling the complete truth.

A_Pharis

Cheers.

Wow nothing like being called out by someone with 12 posts on the boards and nearly six months later. Let me quote you and here you will get your answer about me.

"This in formation is a little different than the experience I've had in 23 stadiums. Most parks actually have pass holders get tickets at a ticket window. Boston and Chicago (National League) are different. They offer no tickets, just admission."

I will let you guess which team I worked for where you posted as saying "does things different". Yeah, they do definitely do things different and I was only stating what I know about the team that I worked for at the time. Are things different now? Maybe. But I know what we did back then. I am sorry if that does not match up with your expertise in all things related to stadium operations at all Major League parks.

I will be more than happy to not only provide you information on what position I had and provide that proof but it will have to be tonight as my work computer will not allow me access to my previous scans. With any luck, I hope you do come back and visit this site more frequently because someone with your knowledge is certainly invaluable to the collecting community. And hopefully in the future you will take this to private message before calling someone out on the boards first and making them look like they are ill informed and maybe not telling the complete truth.

I concur about more frequent returns. I've loved learning about these passes and hope that [MENTION=11790]CooperstownExpert[/MENTION] has a bit more up his sleeve that may be new to a good portion of the collecting community.

Members online