Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is it? help needed. A's, O's and Johnny Damon auto item

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Found this going thru my Dad's stuff.

Looks like an authentic signed in-person autograph. Couldn't find any info online at all, not even on the Postcard by itself.

I know the O's do a ton of pre-game auto sessions with current and former players so it might be from that but to have Damon do one of those doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

20403353_1360341424020616_1352440280_n (2).jpg

20403563_1360341307353961_372827553_n.jpg

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Definitely looks like something from a local signing he was doing. Would've been a handout if you didn't have anything of your own to get signed maybe. I'd almost think it was something to do with Topps sponsoring because it is a Topps Finest card and isn't some generic no logo picture.

Just spitballing here, but was he an All-Star with the A's and the ASG in Baltimore that year? Could've been a fanfest deal?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Is the card actually part of it, or did your dad add it after the fact so he knew who the sig was?

It's attached with one of those small clear adhesive bubbles, I don't think my Dad did it.

And the ASG was in Baltimore when Damon was a rookie in KC...

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
Camden Yards was a huge deal. The Inner Harbor had been slowly been climbing out of the harsh 70's/80's recession, and the new stadium unofficially ushered in a new, "revitalized" downtown. There isn't much else in this city to put on a postcard, anyway.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
The postcard was distributed by the Traub Company of Baltimore. A little internet research shows the company opened its doors there in 2008, so the postcard dates from 2008 or later.

There were rumors from Jan to May of 2012 that Damon was going to sign with Baltimore. Wonder if there is any tie-in to that.

What is printed on the card that is partially hidden in your photo by the baseball card near the bottom edge of the card?

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I think it's just a generic postcard someone had Damon sign at a game - then someone got creative and stuck the card on the postcard, so he or she would remember who it was signed by.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I was curious so I tried to research the heck out of this, and I even asked around (I've got a few friends who've had season tickets for a long time and attend all the promotional events they can), but I couldn't find anything about it (except what gracecollector mentioned) and nobody else knew anything.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I think it's just a generic postcard someone had Damon sign at a game - then someone got creative and stuck the card on the postcard, so he or she would remember who it was signed by.

This one gets my vote. Looks like a freebee postcard you would find in a hotel or someplace. Maybe someone grabbed a few, when to catch to O's game and got some guys to sign. Then, attaching the card makes sense so you don't forget who the sig belongs to.

Members online