Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
This is nuts wonder what that PSA 10 Mirror Blue was going to go for before he took it off. I mean 3,800.00 for a BGS 9 that PSA 10 was going to get $15,000.00 if I had to guess glad I got my PSA 10 and the more I see these crazy prices to more I know I will never get that Mirror Gold.

b9940823eec1adc9c1530033b60ffe86.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Here's some recent higher end pickups over the last couple of weeks. Was really happy about the seller of the View to a Thrill /100 accepting my best offer. I've seen tons of the /2000 versions all over the eBay, but this is the first Gold Die-Cut I've seen in 2 years. Also the copper /100 version of the upper deck is throwing me for a loop. I've seen the silver version of the /100 card #487 but not the copper version. Any help on this one is appreciated :cool:

IMG_1432.jpg

The 1999 Upper Deck Exclusives Level 1 parallel are all bronze/copper in color. The Level 2 versions are gold while the base cards are silver.

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
When You'd Rather It Wasn't Graded...

Thought this might generate some laughs!

Oh, and one of the International Refractors that were of middling grades that came out:

Grading.jpg
Topps Bowman Chrome - International Refractor.JPG

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
[MENTION=6074]gradedeflator[/MENTION] [MENTION=2549]cbrandtw[/MENTION]

Apparently y'all are both from L.A.; one of you from Lower Alabama, the other from Los Angeles.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm also an LA native but have relocated to Bham.

Nice to see [MENTION=7731]ckurdelski[/MENTION] make an appearance! Do you still have the International Refractor set?

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
Still do [MENTION=3887]AUTaxMan[/MENTION], forget, did you sell this to me back in the day?

One of my all time favorites and a treasure to keep. Love the photos of all of the different states and countries!

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Still do [MENTION=3887]AUTaxMan[/MENTION], forget, did you sell this to me back in the day?

One of my all time favorites and a treasure to keep. Love the photos of all of the different states and countries!

I think it went to someone else but I know you helped me a lot with mine. Glad to know you still have it. My Griffey was a 9.5. I hope that's not the one that got busted out.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
So I just added a slew of the bankruptcy cards today (many from the '98 pinnacle certified test set) and I'm still scratching my head if some variants I originally thought existed.

My original guess was that there were a total of 8 variants but to-date I've never seen 3 of them of any player for either the base set or the century legends set:

black, red, blue, gold
mirror black, mirror red, mirror blue, mirror gold

I've never seen blue, gold, or mirror black for either. I've got them on my list but have never asked if anyone knows if they exist or not.

Does anyone here have examples of any of those? Here's what I currently now have:

f-27985.jpg
f-27983.jpg

f-27981.jpg
f-27980.jpg
f-3574.jpg

f-27986.jpg
f-27984.jpg

f-27982.jpg
f-27979.jpg
f-27978.jpg

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
So I just added a slew of the bankruptcy cards today (many from the '98 pinnacle certified test set) and I'm still scratching my head if some variants I originally thought existed.

My original guess was that there were a total of 8 variants but to-date I've never seen 3 of them of any player for either the base set or the century legends set:

black, red, blue, gold
mirror black, mirror red, mirror blue, mirror gold

I've never seen blue, gold, or mirror black for either. I've got them on my list but have never asked if anyone knows if they exist or not.

Does anyone here have examples of any of those? Here's what I currently now have:

Incredible pickups!

A Certified Blue/Gold do not exist (to my knowledge) as the original Beckett ad and checklist only lists Certified Red, Mirror Red/Blue/Gold, Totally Certified Blue/Gold, and Mirror Blacks as the parallels.

Million dollar question is if the Mirror Blacks were ever printed. Thousand dollar question is if the full Totally Certified Blue/Gold sets survived the destruction order.

I bet someone out there knows the answer to these questions

Members online

No members online now.