Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What DON'T you want your team to do this off season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
As a Yankees fan, I DON'T want the team to.....

Sign ANY big name player over 30 years old to a big contract!

Sign Chase Headley to a big contract hoping he falls back to what he was for half a season some years ago.

Sign Hanley to a stupid contract worth 100 million.

Sign ANY over the hill veteran who used to be good.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
As a Giants fan, I don't want them to:

spend big bucks on Michael Morse or Pablo Sandoval

overpay for any pitching

and also don't try to keep up with the Dodgers in spending

Let's keep it close to being a homegrown team.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Don't: Want them to trade any of our top prospects (Owens, Betts, Cecchini, Swihart, Johnson, Ranaudo, Marrero, De La Rosa, etc...). I hate to be 'that guy' who overvalues prospects, but this team has the potential to be a very good team for a very long time, might be some growing pains but the youth and promise is there. We desperately need to get a core of players going that are under team control for many years. Hopefully Ben doesn't screw it up and trade the farm for Hamels when he could have signed Lester instead.
Don't: Trade Rusney Castillo. Don't ask, I have heard rumors fly around that he could be a trade candidate. He is a very exciting player to watch and can be a huge spark at the top of the batting order along with Betts.

Do: Want them to sign any combination of Shields, Lester, and/or Sherzer.
Do: Resign Andrew Miller.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Mortgage the only value in the farm system for a decent 1B
Do you think the Brewers would have any interest in Mike Napoli? Would be cheap to get for them with only 1 year left on his deal...only reason I ask is that we have a logjam in OF and Allen Craig is under team control for a few more years who can play 1B over Napoli.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA

Sign Chase Headley to a big contract hoping he falls back to what he was for half a season some years ago.

It wouldn't be a Yankee offseason if they didn't do any of those things!

And they are 99% sure to be in on Hanley.....he's the next Derek Jeter, duh! =P

But really I think the Yankees will be foolish with their money yet again. I say that because this is a very weak crop of free agents and they have holes to fill and not making the playoffs didn;t help matters much. Might be some desperation moves in the near future (even though that's why they are in this situation as it is). For your sake I hope they don't but it's the Yankees we are taking about, who fix their problems with money.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school

Agree with these. Hanley won't be coming here. They won't sign Headley unless its cheap and I think they could get him for cheap.

I would expect them to sign a starter (hopefully mccarthy) and maybe a middle of the road SS. Thats about it.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Don't keep scioscia
Don't keep hamilton
Don't trade cron

trade one of aybar/howie to help fill hole at 3rd.

Get some fn sp pitching

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I don't know how I forget this one.

I don't want Stephen Drew on my team even if he plays for free!

In fact, I don't want any east coast team signing him.

You know what, just go to Japan Stephen.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Well Adam LaRoche just played his last game as a National and will most likely become a free agent....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

LaRoche is the obvious name, but the FA firstbase market sucks this year; so a trade is a better option/likely.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
It wouldn't be a Yankee offseason if they didn't do any of those things!

And they are 99% sure to be in on Hanley.....he's the next Derek Jeter, duh! =P

But really I think the Yankees will be foolish with their money yet again. I say that because this is a very weak crop of free agents and they have holes to fill and not making the playoffs didn;t help matters much. Might be some desperation moves in the near future (even though that's why they are in this situation as it is). For your sake I hope they don't but it's the Yankees we are taking about, who fix their problems with money.
This what all of us rational Yankee fans fear. It was worth it to bring in McCann (who could see that bad a production drop?) and Tanaka, but Beltran was a mistake.

Honestly I'm ready for a rebuild. Some good young talent on the way (nothing spectacular necessarily, but a good crop in Judge, Severino, Gary Sanchez, Bird, and hopefully Banuelos, Clarkin, and Jagielo) and a nice core of pitching with Pineda, Tanaka, and Greene. The problem is the offense and that can't be built cheaply or readily from free agents. Hanley would be great for the lineup for a few years but his defense is horrendous and he's likely to only be in one piece for a year or two. So DON'T sign anymore over 30's (unless it's cheap at a position of need and provides a marginal upgrade at least). DON'T trade the young guys unless it's another Montero for Pineda swap.

For the Red Sox, I'd actually think it would be wise to trade some of those guys if the return was right. Don't think Middlebrooks gets you much, but a couple guys for a big arm or bat would be a good move.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008

Which is more likely, a monster contract for Hanley or Scherzer? Or both? I envision Boras will get the Yankees fully engaged in the bidding for Scherzer.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
Royals fan here.
DO NOT:

Overspend on James Shields. He is 33 on Opening Day and will command a 5 year deal in the $15-$20 per range. Offer him a fair deal, but if he says no, then so be it. Take the draft pick and find another FA or give Finnegan a shot in the rotation.

Exercise Billy Butler's $12.5m option. That is too much for a Full time DH with below average power #'s. If he will take a 3 year deal in $6-$8 range per year, then maybe, otherwise - see ya Billy. Thank you for your time here.

Think Nori Aoki, with his hot September and amazing (lucky?) defense in the postseason, is the answer in right. No he is not. Let him walk and find some power for RF.

NOT entertain offers for either Wade Davis or Greg Holland. They are phenomenal relievers, but will cost almost $15m combined next season. Davis is doing a job that Hochevar could probably do for much less. Davis has closer stuff. One of those two would make excellent trade bait.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
* I don't want the Dodgers to honor the rest of Mattingly's contract - his ass needs to go.
* I don't want the Dodgers to resign Hanley Ramirez - it's time for Corey Seager.
* I don't want the Dodgers to trade any of their untouchable farm hands. They have resisted shipping them off thus far, so hopefully that continues.

Members online

Latest posts