Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Panini Immaculate Baseball - releasing 9/24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It's weird to me they were able to stamp these ^^^ but hand number the shoe parts. I'd love that one with "Griffey Jr" on it

Ryan

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
They are thick. 2 times some thick patch cards. My guess 360pt or larger

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'll be interested with what a case break brings. So much hype on these ultra huge hits but I don't think it's like one per case or whatever. I sure hope our case break has some nice hits.

That's said, is there a case hit?!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Ended up preordering 3 cases and 1 box. Not sure whether I should bust or sell? Will be tough not to try my luck busting these open. Some of the patch cards look UNBELIEVABLE!

I would say sell most stuff - maybe open a box or two becuase I know if I were sitting on that many boxes, it'd be hard to sell everything for a profit. Since I don't think every box is going to feature a jumbo relic, it's probably easier to sell most boxes at a huge profit than to bust when most boxes will not make back your money.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I would say sell most stuff - maybe open a box or two becuase I know if I were sitting on that many boxes, it'd be hard to sell everything for a profit. Since I don't think every box is going to feature a jumbo relic, it's probably easier to sell most boxes at a huge profit than to bust when most boxes will not make back your money.

There are a lot of great hits outside of the jumbo relics. But I agree, how can you pass up easy profit.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Anyone figure out how many cases there are of this stuff ??

My math could be wrong but

100 base cards /99 /10 /5 & /1

11500 total base cards which fall 1 per pack/box

Divide by 8 boxes in a case

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I'm looking at that checklist and I don't think it's worth a break. I mean, better than any Topps product in terms of return, but there are a lot of lower end autos in this stuff. You need to average $40 or so per card and one big hit won't likely break you even.

Hmmmmm....

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

That's how I'd do it. Makes sense. Seems like a lot but maybe it's just me.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
getting to see some box breaks is going to be interesting:

- If the math a few posts back of the cases made is correct, based on the number of "prime' cards that I saw in a item description, it seems there will be about one prime piece per box.

- If I calculated the rough number of jumbo pieces from trying to analyze the checklist, it seems to me a jumbo piece will fall about one in six cases.

- checklist seems decently strong - i.e. I don't see many names that you might be able to buy a nice patch piece for under $15. I have some players on my watchlist in 2012 NT that you can get nice patch pieces for under $15 and I was hoping to do the same with Immaculate. Maybe it'll take a while to play out for great affordable prime pieces if it's going to be some of those rookies that don't live up to their potential

With all the above said, I still don't think it's going to be many boxes that you will be able to break-even unless Panini's definition of "prime" exceeds my expectations of what "prime" pieces would be.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa

Nice breakdown Ken! I think you are close but slightly over. I was reading the Cardboard Connection parallel breakdown and it said something about base parallels being a second or extra hit in the box for what that might be worth.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
thanks for the heads up, i had not seen that.

Doh! I misread it, looks like either a base card or a base parallel only with just one per box:

Good luck trying to build the base set. It's a challenge. Boxes have just one base card per box -- unless it has a parallel, then it's none. The set checks in at 100 cards, all of which are numbered to 99. Parallels include Blue (#/10), Holo Gold (#/5) and Platinum (1/1).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts