Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
Do you have any non-numbered Griffey Mariners autos or is that your entire collection? I cannot fathom the amount those are worth all together! Would love a shot at my first Griffey auto though, especially from a board member!

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
Hey guys and gals,

It's been a long time, hope all are well. After much deliberation (and with great heartache), I announce I am selling off my Griffey collection. It's been a hell of a ride and one of the greatest passions of my life. Rather than list the big guns on eBay, I thought I would first reach out to the best group of Griffey collectors I know. Sorry the pics aren't great - I can send more if needed (also scans in my bucket).

These have been well cared for and are in great condition - added a few notes below.

Shoot me a PM if interested!

1998 Donruss Crusade Red 25/25 (Refractor/print line)

1998 Donruss Crusade Purple 50/100 (Beauty)

1998 Donruss Crusade Green 132/250 (Beauty)

1997 Finest Gold Embossed Refractor BGS 9

1997 E-X2000 Essential Credentials 44/99 BGS 9.5

1999 UD Retro Inkredible Level 2 12/24

1998 UD Retro Quantum Leap 36/50 PSA 10

1999 SP Authentic Chirography Gold 6/24

1999 UD Century Legends Epic Signatures Gold 30/100

1999 UD MVP ProSign

1999 SP Signature Gold 8/50

1999 UD Game Jersey Auto 11/24

1999 UD Encore UD Authentics BGS 9.5 w/ 10

2000 UD Ovation Piece of History Auto 20/24

2000 SPx Winning Materials Auto 17/24 (Faded auto)

1998 UD Retro Sign of the Times (Bold auto)

1993 Finest Refractor (Great condition)

1998 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals

2000 UD Game Jersey Patch (Great condition, I have owned several - this is the best one)

1997 UD Game Jersey (Great condition, I have owned several - this is the best one)

Pm sent buddy.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Dan - best of luck with the sale(s)!

In similar fashion, I'm looking to sell the card below; making it available here before eBay. PM me if interested.

Condition notes: There is chipping along the back bottom edge of card (see picture). Additionally, the front top right corner is slightly raised; not dinged or rounded, just not sharp.

'98 Topps Stars Galaxy Gold Rainbow /5

Last edited:

junior24fan

Jun 10, 2016
Illinois
Just an introduction. I just wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself to the fellow Griffey collector's on this forum. Like many I had always collected Junior as a kid growing up. Once college rolled around I fell out of the collecting sport. Over the past few years though, I've been able to re-enter and enjoy collecting now more than ever. I've recently started frequenting FCB because of the wealth of knowledge here. However, I've not posted because I'm not sure I bring any value to the conversation yet. Hopefully, that will change & I can possibly help some fellow collector's out along the way. As a way to end the intro, this is as close as I got to Junior at Cooperstown. I thought the auto was going to happen, but it didn't. Oh well, it was an awesome experience, & I hope some of you guys got a chance to go as well. Best always, Jake
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 252

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
5604da9c0bdba250052eee89c3b40fd3.jpg

Scored this from a cabinet in one of those different seller booth antique stores out where we used to live. It didn't have a price on it, so the person on duty called the owner of that booth, who didn't answer, and left a message. Unfortunately I was flying back home that afternoon. So I left, and a couple of days later they called me back, saying it was twenty dollars. I said sold, and called my dad who went and picked it up for me. I just recently went back for a visit and there it was waiting for me in their guest room. Glad to give it a proper home.

TheJuniorJunkie

Jun 12, 2015
New Orleans, La
Got a question for you fellas. Here is a portion of the checklist from the 1996 Beckett Ken Griffey, Jr. Tribute issue:

1. 1993 Colla Diamond Marks #44
2. 1993 Colla Diamond Marks Art #3
3. 1993 Colla Diamond Marks Prototypes #5
4. 1993 Diamond Marks #44
5. 1993 Diamond Marks Art #3
6. 1993 Diamond Marks Prototypes #5

You can ignore the list numbering. My question is: are there really two versions of each of the three cards? As far as I know there are only three Griffeys to be had with the rarest being the prototype, and all of them were made by Colla. I have them all, and I've never come across any obvious variations of these three; but my checklist is incomplete without them. Is this an error on Beckett's part? Did they list the same three cards twice, once as "Colla Diamond Marks," and again as just "Diamond Marks?"

I'm asking because I'm still working on this and the clock is ticking: http://thejuniorjunkie.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-20-year-checklist-facing-my-griffey.html

Last edited:

junior24fan

Jun 10, 2016
Illinois
I just checked Beckett online & all that I see them listing now are the 3 variations just titled Diamond Marks. So I am guessing they are the same, but I'm not 100%. I haven't landed these yet. Do you mind posting a pic of them? I am curious on how to distinguish the variations. Thanks!

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
Anyone interested in a 1998 Finest Centurion Griffey Refractor /75 or a 1999 Finest Prominent Figures Home Run Refractor /70

Both are from my PC and they are graded PSA 9 - Going to have to sell off several of my PC cards soon as I'm going to be moving, the goal is by December.

I would be glad to sell to a FCB off Ebay! Please message with any questions or interest please.

TheJuniorJunkie

Jun 12, 2015
New Orleans, La
I just checked Beckett online & all that I see them listing now are the 3 variations just titled Diamond Marks. So I am guessing they are the same, but I'm not 100%. I haven't landed these yet. Do you mind posting a pic of them? I am curious on how to distinguish the variations. Thanks!

The regular base card is a shot of Junior in the outfield, and the prototype is a close-up portrait shot. The art card (which it turns out I don't have but thought I did or just can't seem to find) is an illustration of Junior hitting a rocket into the sky. The list suggests there is a variation of each, but I'm pretty sure there isn't - it's just those three and that's it.

If anyone has that art card (it's #3 ) and is willing to let it go, hit me up!

junior24fan

Jun 10, 2016
Illinois
The regular base card is a shot of Junior in the outfield, and the prototype is a close-up portrait shot. The art card (which it turns out I don't have but thought I did or just can't seem to find) is an illustration of Junior hitting a rocket into the sky. The list suggests there is a variation of each, but I'm pretty sure there isn't - it's just those three and that's it.

If anyone has that art card (it's #3 ) and is willing to let it go, hit me up!

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be on the lookout for ya.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
I picked up this on eBay last week. It's a 2001 SPX Winning Materials with laundry tag. Has anyone else ever seen a Griffey card with a laundry tag in this early of a relic card?

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 126
Dec 4, 2008
Hopefully legit, but FWIW these relics are some of the easiest to fake as the jersey was not embedded beneath the card design like most subsequent issues.