Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rolling FCB football daily thread Post-season Edition...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
haters-gonna-hate.jpg

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
You don't think Schaub makes that big of a difference huh? He has been gloriously subpar since he got here.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
You don't think Schaub makes that big of a difference huh? He has been gloriously subpar since he got here.

Oh he certainly does. So does coaching and injuries.

That game was winnable for the Texans if they had a half decent game plan, and a QB who could throw further than 15 yards.

That's the great thing about the Patriots. People will always come up with an excuse why their team could have beaten the Patriots. If so and so had done this or that, if (fill in the blank) mistake or turnover hadn't happened... In reality, most teams do have those problems. The reason the excuses come out against the Pats is that overall they're a good collection of players, but not great. They are just better coached, more disciplined, and have a great QB. Those three things set them apart from most teams.

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
Do you think if Belichek and Kubiak switched teams the outcome would have switched as well? When Cushing got hurt I told my friends there goes the season. Not because he instantly made them dominate everybody, but at least gave them a better chance. Kubiak and Schaub can't and won't be enough. I honestly thought they would lose to the Bengals but the defense saved their asses. It is gonna be rough until we fix qb and coach. The rest of the pieces seem to be enough at least right now.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Do you think if Belichek and Kubiak switched teams the outcome would have switched as well? When Cushing got hurt I told my friends there goes the season. Not because he instantly made them dominate everybody, but at least gave them a better chance. Kubiak and Schaub can't and won't be enough. I honestly thought they would lose to the Bengals but the defense saved their asses. It is gonna be rough until we fix qb and coach. The rest of the pieces seem to be enough at least right now.

I know Belichik would have seen Foster open every time he left the backfield, and then exploited it. I know Belichik would have seen the Pats biggest weakness is the deep pass, and tried a deep bomb to Andre Johnson at least once each quarter. I know Belichik would have seen that the Pats strength is run defense, and not tried to force the run if it wasn't there.

I don't know that the results would have been the opposite, but I know a year with Kubiak would make the pats worse and a year with Belichik would make the Texans better.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I still can't see why Houston didn't go up top to AJ80 more, especially since NE played man about 80% of the time.

BTW, that Slater pic is priceless. Never seen it before, but man, that still makes me Smile...

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I still can't see why Houston didn't go up top to AJ80 more, especially since NE played man about 80% of the time.

BTW, that Slater pic is priceless. Never seen it before, but man, that still makes me Smile...

Bad coaching.

Which pic are you talking about? I didn't see it.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I was talking about that Haters gonna Hate/ Slaters gonna Slate meme you posted, great Stuff!

Haha, I was thinking Matthew Slater did something funny during the game. Didn't even remember I posted that pic. I'll wear the dunce hate for the rest of today.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Chip Kelly reverses his course (pending Sanctions at Oregon?) and takes the Eagles HC job.

Say what you want but Philly's SB48 odds and Wins total Over/Under both got ALOT better in Vegas today.

McCoy and the WRs just got ALOT better in Fantasy leagues too...

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
DeSean, Maclin, and McCoy are some fun toys. Curious to see how Chip does there

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Chip Kelly reverses his course (pending Sanctions at Oregon?) and takes the Eagles HC job.

Say what you want but Philly's SB48 odds and Wins total Over/Under both got ALOT better in Vegas today.

McCoy and the WRs just got ALOT better in Fantasy leagues too...
Well yeah, having any coach is better than none. Just look at the Saints for an example.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hey guys. I'm entering a custom card contest where you have to come up with a base card, an insert set, and an autograph card. I figured I'd show them off here, too. I'm open to any feedback/suggestions to improve my designs.

(they're thumbnails, so click for full size)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Looks good to me CM, GL on the contest!

The UT pic for Manning intentional? It doesn't seem to match the others. And I'd look for an action shot of Gore, if possible.

But your Vinny-love is showing...

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Thanks. No man should ever hide his Vinny love. RITM mentioned something about Manning, so I did one of him collegiate style. Only one card of each style will officially be sumbitted, so I'll probably go with the Welker or Luck, not Gore. I think those two came out the best.

Sent from the FCB Droid app, which means I'm probably on the crapper.

Last edited:

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Looks good to me CM, GL on the contest!

The UT pic for Manning intentional? It doesn't seem to match the others. And I'd look for an action shot of Gore, if possible.

But your Vinny-love is showing...

Considering he has Manning's collegiate passing yards on the card, I'm pretty sure he meant to put him in a Vols uni.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I understand that, but I was concerned that putting him in a UT pic was done separate from this set Originally and then added. I didn't know the parameters of the Contest and didn't know if including a College pic would hurt his chances.

After a quick question, now I know it won't...

Members online