Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RAFAEL DEVERS CALLED UP TO THE RED SOX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I may wrong in a week, but my guess is this means they aren't confident they are going to find a 3rd baseman by the deadline. Otherwise, why waste the service time? I'd be surprised to see them add a 3rd baseman at this point...

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

I think most of the options out there on the trade market are just not enough of an upgrade to consider trading for. Ideally I think if the Royals were out of contention then the Red Sox would give serious though about going after Moustakas as that's a definite upgrade. If Devers performs like he has up to this point then he's probably the second best option at the hot corner. I think they are rushing Devers a bit, but it can't hurt to see what they have....they need offense bad and he could be a big spark. I don't have incredibly high expectations for Devers like everyone else does, but I won't mind for him to prove me wrong.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Rushed? Probably. I think they have the luxury to let him work out some growing pains at the plate because it won't be worse. As long as his teammates and team staff keep his head in the right place if/when he struggles he will be fine.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Looked through albums & found this. Then looked at the back. (Yep, it's his jersey #). :)

Devers_Green_Jsy#_F.jpgDevers_Green_Jsy#_B.jpg

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Crushed! He hit some very hard balls today....wonder what his role will be going forward. It would make sense for him to play 3B and Nunez to play SS and put Xander on the DL. But it makes too much sense which is exactly why that won't happen. #FireFarrell

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
BC base autos are averaging $150. I tend to hold non-pitchers until they max out...anyone want to pick a ceiling price?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
BC base autos are averaging $150. I tend to hold non-pitchers until they max out...anyone want to pick a ceiling price?

When it comes to highly hyped top 10 prospects with plus power like Devers in all honesty the sky is the limit. He could pull a Bellinger and base autos could end up in the $400-$500 range. Even higher if he does something significant in the postseason (assuming the Red Sox make it).

I'm not saying this will happen, in fact I don't expect it to happen (I never expect this much out of any prospect) but that's the sort of ceiling you've got with young power hitters on large market teams.

Members online