Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big eBay seller is trying to back out of deal...what should I do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Some real dip sh*ts on here. I don't see this as either the OPor Burbank's fault. It's Beckett sh*tty system's fault. Burbank just can't give out rare cards for one freakin dollar. They are in it to make money. Some simpleton collectors can't understand that because they are on the other side of the baseball card spectrum.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Maybe you should refrain from the childish name calling because some peoples opinion differs from you...

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
It was a freaking typo. The seller did not intend to price the card at one dollar. They should not feel obligated to sell it for a dollar. They should not be pressured to sell it for a dollar. We're talkin bout TYPOS here.

Richard

If costco hangs the wrong sign, people hold them to the price.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Knowing how Burbank tends to price things in general, they would have probably marked the card at least $40, $50 [regardless of what the card may actually be worth in real life], so this would be definitely be a steal for someone looking to get over on Burbank's apparent pricing mistake.

What is your view of a steal? seems like we arent exactly talking about a 50 dollars card here, we're talking about a 15-20 dollar card. Is this type of attention really worth it for a seller or is it better to have a happy customer who will buy from you again?

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
HOS material?

Personally, I wouldn't necessarily expect Burbank to send what I bought, but I would certainly appreciate it. Alternatively, I would appreciate them approaching me with some sort of "how can we make this right for the both of us" response, rather than a "here's what we're going to do - take it or leave it". Yeah, $10 is $10, but as others have pointed out, $10 in Burbank's world is most everyone else's $1.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
What is your view of a steal? seems like we arent exactly talking about a 50 dollars card here, we're talking about a 15-20 dollar card. Is this type of attention really worth it for a seller or is it better to have a happy customer who will buy from you again?

Great thought! Because that same happy buyer may turn around and buy $100 of stuff from you after the fact. Like I said, I would just be happy with the $10 and call it a day. But I think the seller would want a happy customer. Because a happy customer is a buying customer. Now if it was something they'd lose their ass on...yeah I can see them backing out.

I think, all BS aside, a lot of folks have an axe to grind with burbank because , like has previously been stated, they have a lot of what we all want. But it's akin to teasing. Because a lot of the prices are just plain dumb. Even if we would pay them, a lot of us might have an issue actually being able to do so. So I could see someone seeing a deal and thinking karma all the way. "These guys have been overcharging for years so now it's time for the scales to tip the other way". And while that's not right, it happens. Personally there are so many cards I want of Bags on ebay that people want dumb amounts for that I don't even really worry over it. Burbank is the least of my problems. But for some people who have less cards they need to be complete, maybe burbank is a major issue.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Some real dip sh*ts on here. I don't see this as either the OPor Burbank's fault. It's Beckett sh*tty system's fault. Burbank just can't give out rare cards for one freakin dollar. They are in it to make money. Some simpleton collectors can't understand that because they are on the other side of the baseball card spectrum.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

See you are still making friends around here. You stay classy San Diego!

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Say what you want about Burbank. Yes they charge top dollar. Yes they've been in business for decades.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
***UPDATE***

Here is their latest reply:

The actual price for this card is $68.20. I'll sell it to you for $50.00 flat because we feel bad about this whole situation. Please let me know if you're interested. Otherwise, you may choose another Pujols card for a replacement from our main site at burbanksportscards.com
up to $15.00 in value.

I knew they would over value this card but I will take their offer. I am usually pretty cheap and would not have even bid on this card if it was listed at $20. It all worked out in the end.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
***UPDATE***

Here is their latest reply:

The actual price for this card is $68.20. I'll sell it to you for $50.00 flat because we feel bad about this whole situation. Please let me know if you're interested. Otherwise, you may choose another Pujols card for a replacement from our main site at burbanksportscards.com
up to $15.00 in value.

I knew they would over value this card but I will take their offer. I am usually pretty cheap and would not have even bid on this card if it was listed at $20. It all worked out in the end.

Dude, either take the card for $50 or take the $15 value that they're giving you now... then as Jim Rome says, "keep moving"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts