Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has anyone been getting calls from Beckett, almost daily?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I don't know anyone who even uses Beckett for value anymore. My go to is always sold auctions on eBay. Their numbers have never made sense to me. I'm guessing their grading service keeps them in business

It's useful for trading low-end stuff that doesn't sell on ebay (think cards with a total sale value, including shipping, below $5) as long as both people are in agreement that's what they are using. Even then it obviously isn't perfect but at least it's something that will usually get you in the general ballpark of equal values for different cards. It's also useful just for general informational purposes, as in if I come across a card I don't know anything about like an old Pacific parallel, I can generally tell by the Beckett price whether it was something easy to find or rare...with many exceptions.

It's beyond useless for anything with a sale value over $5-10 but as a team collector I deal with A LOT of stuff below that value point. Anybody using it for stuff like Bowman Chrome color Refractor autos is dumb or trying to rip somebody off.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
I did get some calls from them at one point since I used to have a subscription.
I told I was not interested and would never be interested in renewing and they stopped.

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Latest posts