Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Organizational Top 10 Prospect Lists Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
You thinking too high or to low on kopech?? He was 5 in Boston at his departure. A starter that young that throws 100+ will always get hype, regardless of whether he can find the strike zone or not. He was the red sox prospect I was most disappointed they moved, not disappointed with the trade overall, I was just excited to see how he developed.

Too low for me.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Brewers

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2017-milwaukee-brewers-top-10-prospects/#iZMdRXjq04IlRxg6.97

1. Lewis Brinson, of
2. Josh Hader, lhp
3. Luis Ortiz, rhp
4. Corey Ray, of
5. Isan Diaz, ss/2b
6. Trent Clark, of
7. Brandon Woodruff, rhp
8. Phil Bickford, rhp
9. Lucas Erceg, 3b
10. Marcos Diplan, rhp

AMAZING respect to Woodruff and Erceg. I'm not saying they're wrong, as Woodruff might have been the most underrated player (at least pitcher) in the minors last year, but it's still rather surprising.

I assume some combination of Ponce, Lara, Phillips (and maybe Dubon) sit just outside the Top 10. Thought Maybe Nottingham's hype would have him crack the Top 10, but it's not surprising that he didn't either.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
AMAZING respect to Woodruff and Erceg. I'm not saying they're wrong, as Woodruff might have been the most underrated player (at least pitcher) in the minors last year, but it's still rather surprising.

I assume some combination of Ponce, Lara, Phillips (and maybe Dubon) sit just outside the Top 10. Thought Maybe Nottingham's hype would have him crack the Top 10, but it's not surprising that he didn't either.

Woodruff went from being outside the top 30 last year to #7 this year.

As for Dubon --

J.P. (Springfield, IL): Thanks for chatting, Tom. Did newly acquired Mauricio Dubon make any sort of noise to warrant inclusion on your top 10, and what are the Brewers' plans for him - both on the diamond and at what level?

Tom Haudricourt: Dubon landed just outside of the Top 10. Certainly very close. The Brewers say they will keep him at shortstop for the present but he likely will profile at second base at some point if not center field. He is very athletic and versatile. I am told he would be a fine major league shortstop but the current plan is for Orlando Arcia to get a long leash there.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Woodruff went from being outside the top 30 last year to #7 this year.

As for Dubon --

J.P. (Springfield, IL): Thanks for chatting, Tom. Did newly acquired Mauricio Dubon make any sort of noise to warrant inclusion on your top 10, and what are the Brewers' plans for him - both on the diamond and at what level?

Tom Haudricourt: Dubon landed just outside of the Top 10. Certainly very close. The Brewers say they will keep him at shortstop for the present but he likely will profile at second base at some point if not center field. He is very athletic and versatile. I am told he would be a fine major league shortstop but the current plan is for Orlando Arcia to get a long leash there.

Yeah, thanks for asking that in the chat. I was reading the transcript after this post, and saw he addressed the Woodruff increase as well.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Reyes and Weaver must have been close to graduating from the prospect status

Collecting: Phil Bickford, Brandon Wood (still), Yankees and Rockies

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
These lists will resume in January with the Cubs and Reds, followed by the NL West.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No Tyler Mahle?

John wick (A theater near you): Was Tyler Mahle close to the top 10? What differentiates him from some of the arms on this list?

J.J. Cooper: He didn’t miss by much. Mahle really knows how to pitch, but he has a little less upside compared to the pitchers in the top 10. If you don’t like risk and you want a starting pitching prospect Mahle is much less risky than someone like Robert Stephenson, he just lacks Stephenson’s upside (or Stephenson’s fallback option as a high-octane power reliever).

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Reds

2017 Cincinnati Reds Top 10 Prospects | BaseballAmerica.com

1. Nick Senzel, 3b
2. Cody Reed, lhp
3. Amir Garrett, lhp
4. Robert Stephenson, rhp
5. Taylor Trammell, of
6. Jesse Winker, of
7. Aristides Aquino, of
8. Sal Romano, rhp
9. Vladimir Gutierrez, rhp
10. Tyler Stephenson, c

(Cubs tomorrow)

This list just shows you how badly the Yankees fleeced the Reds in the first Chapman trade.

scsc.gif

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Blue Jays

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2017-toronto-blue-jays-top-10-prospects/#BuqwZ3FovWI48yEZ.97

1. Vladimir Guerrero Jr., 3b
2. Anthony Alford, of
3. Sean Reid-Foley, rhp
4. Conner Greene, rhp
5. Richard Urena, ss
6. Rowdy Tellez, 1b
7. T.J. Zeuch, rhp
8. Bo Bichette, ss
9. Jon Harris, rhp
10. Justin Maese, rhp

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Didn't realize Pentecost dropped so much even after he rebounded from the surgery. MLB has him at #14 on the Jays list. I'm hoping he comes flying out of the gate and gets a call up in at least Sept, maybe sooner if the Jays are buried early.

Members online