Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-52-Baseball-2000-2004-Topps-Tek-Diffractors-Randy-Johnson-Scott-Rolen-J5-/131099226087?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item1e861f6fe7

New lot of what is mostly 1998 Teks. Fair number of them heavily spotted too. Includes Belle, Lankford and a couple of Buhner. This seller did have a few 1998 diffractors in his(her?) last lot, but none in this despite the listing title. Not sure which card is supposed to be the newly discovered 2004 Tek.

Why do so many of the cards have spotting problems?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I feel like starting a second set of Belle lol... just feel like I'd probably be pretty close to finishing both if I would of started them simultaneously. I mean I'm already 25% of the way there with just my doubles lol

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I feel like starting a second set of Belle lol... just feel like I'd probably be pretty close to finishing both if I would of started them simultaneously. I mean I'm already 25% of the way there with just my doubles lol

That's a good point. When you're searching for the ones you need you come across so many dupes that by the time you actually complete the first set the second set is probably pretty close too.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Bernie's in the mail :D

Image15_zps7f78db5a.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
That's a good point. When you're searching for the ones you need you come across so many dupes that by the time you actually complete the first set the second set is probably pretty close too.
Exactly! lol

It's funny but I just feel like I could buy up what I see right now across the sites and have 50% of set two done by tonight... then it's just a pick up as you search for the remaining you need. I might actually do this... especially if Topps doesn't include Belle in future products :(

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Exactly! lol

It's funny but I just feel like I could buy up what I see right now across the sites and have 50% of set two done by tonight... then it's just a pick up as you search for the remaining you need. I might actually do this... especially if Topps doesn't include Belle in future products :(

I've done this with Gomes. He isn't in any of the Tek sets, but when pickups slowed down, I started collecting a second set. It's fun, and it recreates the thrill of the chase, since you're essentially starting again from scratch. That said, very quickly it will become something of a grind. Once you clean out the usual places for the duplicates you need, pickups again slow down considerably. I'm missing 6 cards of Gomes for the first set, 25 for the second. I might get one card every 2-3 years for the first, and one card every 1-2 months for the second.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Someone here has to own a Belle diffractor pattern I need but doesn't care about the pattern number itself... I have a double of pattern 15 and would LOVE it if a member would be willing to step up and trade me Belle diffractors :)

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Anyone here win the Brady diffractor? I was shocked thought I put a decent bid for an auction ending at 2am. Oh well.

My educated guess is it was rinkrat who won the Brady plus many of the others this seller had.
I was pleasantly surprised when I won the Larry Walker diffractor from that seller for $12.51. My third Walker diffractor - watch out I'm catching up to the champions!

$_3.JPG

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Yup, got several diffractors from the @midnitefrog seller at 2:00 AM. Got the ones I needed and bid on. Would be a lot easier bidding on diffractors from @dinnertimefrog or @primetimefrog. I do have extras of Brady Anderson diffractor p. 64 and Larry Walker diffractors pp. 10 and 31, and a lot of '98 Tek base cards of both players. Would much rather trade than buy.

My educated guess is it was rinkrat who won the Brady plus many of the others this seller had.
I was pleasantly surprised when I won the Larry Walker diffractor from that seller for $12.51. My third Walker diffractor - watch out I'm catching up to the champions!

$_3.JPG

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA

$_3.JPG

Do you need a P13 Walker?

Members online

Latest posts