Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Did a random eBay search the other day and netted me this for a nice price. Should be delivered today. Sorry for bad picture.. when i get it in hand i will upload a better one.
1998 Donruss Preferred Prized Collections Alex Rodriquez /55

Ha , I passed on that for days as I was waiting from a response from the seller. Never heard back from him and now you grabbed it. I think it was a good price.

Ryan

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Ha , I passed on that for days as I was waiting from a response from the seller. Never heard back from him and now you grabbed it. I think it was a good price.

Ryan

Yeah. For 30 bucks i figured why not. I am slowly working on picking these up if i can get them for a decent price. Starting to regret parting with my Piazza, Ripken, Griffey Jr, Molitor and Jeter. Going to be hard to replace those for a respectable price. But in no rush. I wondered how long that one was sitting there. Hopefully it is clean with no refractor lines.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Nice!

I should have my steal of the year arriving today (it came early this year) - '90's 1/1 style. I'll update later.

They arrived and in-hand. A 1/1 mailday x3. Someone scooped up the Kapler right before me. Player selection is poor but they should fund my recent Palmeiro splurge. I remember seeing a Hentgen go for $200+.
1V2ROe6.jpg

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
A few observations, the holo-foil held up terribly. Some obvious splitting on the surface and they don't appear to be your typical scratches, more like stretch marks. All were stored in appropriately fitted screw downs.

Also, the Frias appears to have missed the holo-foil coating - though it's hard to tell in hand.
hazOoGJ.jpg

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Now for an actual PC pickup! I vowed to pickup the next one - any player - that popped up after regretting moving my Vlad. Who knew it would take so long! 100 copies, suuure.

Av77XbT.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
They arrived and in-hand. A 1/1 mailday x3. Someone scooped up the Kapler right before me. Player selection is poor but they should fund my recent Palmeiro splurge. I remember seeing a Hentgen go for $200+.
1V2ROe6.jpg
[MENTION=3494]heavy_hitter[/MENTION] may have interest. Nice pick ups.

Ryan

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw how little that Kapler went for. He's someone I regularly search for, and that seller is someone I bought some very very underpriced cards from in the past. Nice pickups on the ones you got! I think not everyone gets that the 1/50 is a different card than the other 49.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw how little that Kapler went for. He's someone I regularly search for, and that seller is someone I bought some very very underpriced cards from in the past. Nice pickups on the ones you got! I think not everyone gets that the 1/50 is a different card than the other 49.

When I realized the Kapler sold close to 10 mins prior to the other three, I was surprised they were still hanging around. Of course, all this happened without probably 15 mins of being listed.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
When I realized the Kapler sold close to 10 mins prior to the other three, I was surprised they were still hanging around. Of course, all this happened without probably 15 mins of being listed.

Definitely have interest in the Frias when you move it. probably the only Hanley Frias fan here haha!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Just got around to looking at the prices on the Longevities. Great buys. Hard to beat. Surprised the seller ended up with 4 and didn't realize the pricing.

Ryan

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Did a random eBay search the other day and netted me this for a nice price. Should be delivered today. Sorry for bad picture.. when i get it in hand i will upload a better one.
1998 Donruss Preferred Prized Collections Alex Rodriquez /55

Want to swap that Giambi for one of my Preferred Prized??

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013

Also, re:Kapler, I've somehow managed to accumulate two of his '99 Topps Stars Bright Futures Foil /30 (1:2702!!). I haven't made any progress on this set since hesitating on a Troy Glaus. If you need it, PM me your address.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
A few observations, the holo-foil held up terribly. Some obvious splitting on the surface and they don't appear to be your typical scratches, more like stretch marks. All were stored in appropriately fitted screw downs.

Also, the Frias appears to have missed the holo-foil coating - though it's hard to tell in hand.
hazOoGJ.jpg

Want to swap that Giambi for one of my Preferred Prized??

Not at the moment. Sorry. I am slowly collecting these right now and i already regret getting rid of some that i had. The lesser chased players seem to be harder to find. I will keep you in mind if I think about moving them though...

Last edited:

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Palmeiro pickups arrived today! This was the cream of the crop:

gx51cnj.jpg

AyBpVXr.jpg

He joins Mr. Martinez and Mr. Olerud in the collection. Giambi next??

0K7QB8C.jpg

zvtsjgG.jpg

Members online