Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Nice to see a rare parallel shown in a sealed pack.

The Frank Thomas Gold Press Proof is pretty rad too -

1997-studio-sealed-pack.jpg

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So what is the story with the Paramount Inaugural Issue cards? I saw the Alomar card on ebay a while ago but passed it up because I wasn't sure if it was a legit issue, or some aftermarket thing like those silly "gem collection" things. But looking at this now, it seems legit, and I'm almost kicking myself. So are these Pacific-issued cards, and is there a back story? Thanks -

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yes it's a legit Pacific issue from 1998 Sportsfest. 50 cards in set all /20. To get one you had to buy and open a box of Pacific at the show, so I really don't know if 1000 boxes were opened there.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
I had seen them before as well, but didn't know anything about them. I did some research after seeing this one listed, and I agree with Ryan. Based on what I found, I could see there being less than 20 copies of each actually out there. I searched eBay for completed auctions and only saw one completed auction, a Juan Gonzalez. So from what I could tell, they certainly seem tough to come by.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Giveaway cards, especially base cards, get given away.

I would attend tend the annual Summit in Hawai'i and I can tell you that when the week end the cards find a new home. Those 20 serial numbered cards are somewhere.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009

I love that little show advertising thing. Is that a card or just something you found on the web? I honestly didn't know only 50 players (1000 total cards) were made. So, that helps with the clarification for me. I have a small handful of players, but I've never seen a true player list.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I love that little show advertising thing. Is that a card or just something you found on the web? I honestly didn't know only 50 players (1000 total cards) were made. So, that helps with the clarification for me. I have a small handful of players, but I've never seen a true player list.

I got it 5 years ago in an odd ball lot of Juan's. I got the card just last year.

Members online

Latest posts