Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When was the last time you traded cards...IN PERSON?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Trading cards in person is definitely a lost art. The last time I remember trading in person was perhaps 3-4 years ago during a flip quest. I've done several through the mail, but none recently.

How about you and what was it?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Earlier this year. It was a friend of mine so the trade was set up via text but we met at a game to trade. My lcs is starting a monthly trade night. I missed last month but hope to make it this time

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
at a card show had to be 12 years ago. busted a case of bowman draft had some gold refractor's at the time were in demand. traded for a jeter auto those were the days.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
As a baseball collector, I can't remember the last time I did an actual trade in person. This is mostly because I don't know any card collectors except my fiancee, and she just takes what she wants because it's all "our" collection now. A local shop has a monthly "trade night" but I've never attended because they're on the other end of town and they do it Monday nights and I wouldn't get there will it was almost over.

But as a Magic player, I trade all the time. Magic is a little different from sports. With Magic, prices are determined by the X axis of usual things like rarity and condition but also a Y axis of playability. You can have a card that's old, rare, and in great shape but virtually unplayable in a game. Then you can also have card that's brand new, not at all hard to find, but is in tremendous demand for it's play value. Those cards could be worth the same amount and would be tradeable pretty readily based on the common denominator of dollars, although there is also an aspect of current versus future value according to one axis or the other.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I recall trading twice online and never in person... these days its buy sell buy sell. :( Its rare to meet another collector, especially if you're in an small population area. Sure, you could fly to a card show, but the cost of going there already is the price of a few nice cards online.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Been trying to set something up with a guy I used to work with, hopefully soon. Some of the best friday and Saturday nights of my childhood were flipping cards with my buddy and his dad.

Members online