Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay no longer allows searches by bidder's wins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Whenever I try to search for completed listings by bidder (i.e., find the items a user has won), it now takes me to that user's general profile. Is this a permanent change? Anyone know of any workarounds?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
If you find one, let me know. TIRED OF EBAY HIDING CRAP! I like to know who wins certain cards and now that is hidden.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
As [MENTION=4047]mrmopar[/MENTION] said, eBay is just full of games and hiding stuff. They have such a huge database of useful information and I'm guessing they're keeping it behind scenes and will eventually make it pay to play... Maybe have a "Gold Account" or something where you pay some $ amount each month and have access to this type of stuff. Or an even higher pay to play account and you can see historical prices! Whoa.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yeah found out two weeks ago when I did By Seller , then Bidder and an error page popped. They really want no knowledge of transactions out there.

Ryan

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I wonder if eBay got too many complaints about people's lack of privacy. I'm sure some people bid on some really strange and ***** stuff that they don't want other people knowing about.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I must be in the minority on this one. I show everything I buy on my website so this doesn't matter to me but I was glad that they changed it so that you can't see the item feedback was left for. I also like this change. Name a good reason why you should be allowed to follow/watch/stalk what a person has bought (and no I don't buy ***** **** on ebay).

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I wonder if eBay got too many complaints about people's lack of privacy. I'm sure some people bid on some really strange and ***** stuff that they don't want other people knowing about.

This. It's a privacy issue. Not just for the ***** stuff, but also high dollar items that buyers wouldnt want the whole world knowing they now own. The internet isn't always completely safe.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I must be in the minority on this one. I show everything I buy on my website so this doesn't matter to me but I was glad that they changed it so that you can't see the item feedback was left for. I also like this change. Name a good reason why you should be allowed to follow/watch/stalk what a person has bought (and no I don't buy ***** **** on ebay).

Here are a few that come to mind.
eBay early days let me view my two biggest rivals for Paul O’neill cards. A few times I saw they bought multiples of cards I needed of auctions I missed (before the snipe days) I developed a good relationship with both of these guys and we were able to make trades. Had I not been able to view there wins I would not have been able to work deals for these cards. Fast forward a few years both of these collectors decided to leave the hobby and it was me they gave the opportunity to purchase their collections.

I am not as organized as some collectors but it can be used to track certain cards as well. With cards being as limited as they are today if there are five copies of a card out there of a certain player and I know the two or three main bidders I can see if they won these cards and keep track of how many are left to possibly obtain.

One more benefit that comes to mind from viewing bidders wins is there were auctions in the past for serial numbered cards that went unseen by my searches or I just missed. (I collect serial numbered cards to the players jersey numbers) by contacting these winners of the cards in a few cases they did not care about the number but just wanted to have that card in the collection. I was able to trade my non-jersey numbered card for the one I was looking for, with a little bonus for their efforts.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I think they should make it at least up to the buyer to make their buys / bids public or not . At least give the option

Ryan

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
eBay early days let me view my two biggest rivals for Paul O’neill cards.

I am not as organized as some collectors but it can be used to track certain cards as well.

One more benefit that comes to mind from viewing bidders wins is there were auctions in the past for serial numbered cards that went unseen by my searches or I just missed.
Those are legitimate reasons for us, but I think many sportscard collectors forget that our hobby makes up a tiny, tiny percentage of the traffic on eBay.
The concerns of a few thousand sportscard collectors do not necessarily translate to the other millions of eBay bidders and sellers.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Those are legitimate reasons for us, but I think many sportscard collectors forget that our hobby makes up a tiny, tiny percentage of the traffic on eBay.
The concerns of a few thousand sportscard collectors do not necessarily translate to the other millions of eBay bidders and sellers.

eBay has other things other than cards? Lol
That is a very good point you make. I guess 95% of my transactions are cards so I never gave that a thought.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City

eBay early days let me view my two biggest rivals for Paul O’neill cards. A few times I saw they bought multiples of cards I needed of auctions I missed (before the snipe days) I developed a good relationship with both of these guys and we were able to make trades. Had I not been able to view there wins I would not have been able to work deals for these cards. Fast forward a few years both of these collectors decided to leave the hobby and it was me they gave the opportunity to purchase their collections.

I am not as organized as some collectors but it can be used to track certain cards as well. With cards being as limited as they are today if there are five copies of a card out there of a certain player and I know the two or three main bidders I can see if they won these cards and keep track of how many are left to possibly obtain.

One more benefit that comes to mind from viewing bidders wins is there were auctions in the past for serial numbered cards that went unseen by my searches or I just missed. (I collect serial numbered cards to the players jersey numbers) by contacting these winners of the cards in a few cases they did not care about the number but just wanted to have that card in the collection. I was able to trade my non-jersey numbered card for the one I was looking for, with a little bonus for their efforts.

I met fellow Mexican player collectors this way to. If it wasn't for that feature a couple of years ago I'll basically be alone in my type of collecting.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
This. It's a privacy issue. Not just for the ***** stuff, but also high dollar items that buyers wouldnt want the whole world knowing they now own. The internet isn't always completely safe.

I realize I'm buying on their site and that is some priviledge but I'm sure big brother is still tracking my purchases somehow - it's just that EBay doesn't want the common person to have the power to be able to do so.

Members online

Latest posts