Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Free $5 coupon from Paypal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eltoro2012

Nov 3, 2013
About how long did it take for the $5 to appear in everyone's accounts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
I always miss stuff like this by one day :) Last time, it was the $100 Mitchell and Ness Jerseys.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Looks like the website is genuine but I wonder why they bought a new domain name and didnt use a prefix attached to their regular domain name like 'activate(dot)paypal(dot)com' (<--- just an example, doesnt work)or somethin like that?

btw, the domain is for sale now.

Fordman

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I was wondering the same thing. It would make no sense for Paypal to send a coupon a week later via email when they could just add the credit to your account. Currently shows Paypal as being the current registrant, but that could be fake. The domain was created in 2012, along with "paypalactivate.com". I suspect it may have been a spoof domain, or maybe some sort of affiliate domain. Or maybe it was hacked. Recently it was made into a phishing site. If that's the case, and Paypal didn't own it, Paypal might have gotten a fast trademark takedown of the domain name and just set it as an alias to their site. Otherwise, if it was legit, they'd at least put up a "sorry offer expired" message. Whole thing smells phishy. Recommend anyone who did this change their passwords and account info, and transaction logs.

Apr 13, 2010
Wouldn't a fishing scam have asked you to login to activate the $5? The page only asked for my PayPal email address. If it is a scam, good luck hacking my password.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Weeks later, never got the money.

Assuming it was fake but I still think it's odd as they gathered no personal information or passwords or anything.. Simply a false promise. Don't quite understand the point of it.. To laugh at people who didn't get their $5 after spending 30 seconds? Don't see there being much satisfaction in that.

Weird.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts