Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

4 new HOFers......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I too had been eagerly awaiting today so that I could see whose Autos were going to move from the "Star" box to the "HOFer" box. Here are the best ones of mine for each player.

BTW, I now have 194 different HOFer Autos!!

2014 Topps Triple Threads Unity Autograph Jumbo Relics Pedro Martinez
AU | MEM | NFT | Serial Number: 94/99

2013 Topps Triple Threads Unity Relic Autographs Craig Biggio
AU | MEM | NFT | Serial Number: 20/99

2011 Panini Prime Cuts Significant Signatures Randy Johnson
AU | NFT | Serial Number: 10/25

2011 Topps Tribute Autograph Relics John Smoltz
AU | NFT | Serial Number: 14/99

Last edited:

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
These are moving from the "HOF-to-be" folder to the "HOF" folder. I have to change my signature; I now have autos of 244 different members.

Biggio.jpg

MartinezP.jpg

Scan259.jpg

Smoltz.jpg

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
Piazza admitted to using Andro, just saying.

Andro was available at GNC and Walmart, and not banned at the time. The HOF has become as much of a joke as the Rock N Roll HOF. I think the writers are a joke with the votes. I agree with who was put in, but I am sorry, Piazza belongs there as well.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Andro was available at GNC and Walmart, and not banned at the time. The HOF has become as much of a joke as the Rock N Roll HOF. I think the writers are a joke with the votes. I agree with who was put in, but I am sorry, Piazza belongs there as well.

Were some of the other substances used by other players banned too? Were they tested? Any positive test on some of the other players with speculations of using PED's? Truth be told, I really do not care if he makes it into the HOF or not. Let's view it as it needs to be seen though. He was a PED user, just like Sheffield was.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
Were some of the other substances used by other players banned too? Were they tested? Any positive test on some of the other players with speculations of using PED's? Truth be told, I really do not care if he makes it into the HOF or not. Let's view it as it needs to be seen though. He was a PED user, just like Sheffield was.

And half of the Hall used amphetamines. He didn't fail a test and is being held out due to innuendo. You have your opinion and I have mine. Have a nice night.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Biggio was a unique player who switched several positions and played well - he did hang on a bit too long to chase 3,000 hits but the man did get to that milestone and that has to mean something, considering he was an excellent all-round ballplayer otherwise.

Smoltz is kind of a head scratcher but it seemed the media campaigned for him because he was a nice guy to them - he too had a unique career, though might still be waiting [maybe more of a David Cone or Kevin Brown type] if he didn't have his stint as a closer for several years; I do wonder where Steve Avery is at now and if he is still eligible for the Hall.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I too had been eagerly awaiting today so that I could see whose Autos were going to move from the "Star" box to the "HOFer" box. Here are the best ones of mine for each player.

BTW, I now have 194 different HOFer Autos!!

These are moving from the "HOF-to-be" folder to the "HOF" folder. I have to change my signature; I now have autos of 244 different members.

Well done gents, well done!!

Gotta get Mike over the 200 hump ;).....

I'm at 222, no real prospects at the moment to add to the collection. Hopefully Junior (or someone from the Pre-Integration Era vote in late 2015) is not my next addition :D

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Smoltz is kind of a head scratcher but it seemed the media campaigned for him because he was a nice guy to them - he too had a unique career, though might still be waiting [maybe more of a David Cone or Kevin Brown type] if he didn't have his stint as a closer for several years; I do wonder where Steve Avery is at now and if he is still eligible for the Hall.
I think a lot of it depends on how you weigh his full body of work including the playoffs and pitching as a reliever. That said I was very surprised at how it seemed basically unanimous that he was a Hall of Famer and got voted in with ease on the first ballot.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Was it a banned substance when he used it? No. How can he possibly be punished in any way for using a substance that was subsequently banned?

Your argument that just because MLB had not banned the substance yet or tested for it, Piazza is in the clear and does not make him a PED user, is laughable at best. Great PR move by his camp and it could make a difference with induction into the HOF.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Your argument that just because MLB had not banned the substance yet or tested for it, Piazza is in the clear and does not make him a PED user, is laughable at best. Great PR move by his camp and it could make a difference with induction into the HOF.

Are you kidding? Sorry, but your argument makes no sense, he used something that was perfectly legal at the time this isn't something he camp concocted he was perfectly honest throughout the process. He never used a banned substance period and no one pressured him to give those details. The writers are clearly nowhere near your stance as he will undoubtedly make the HOF in 2017 if not 2016 as reflected by his increasing %.

If I eat at Subway today, but eating at Subway becomes illegal tomorrow - should I be arrested for what I did today? Your argument really doesn't have any ground to stand on.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Are you kidding? Sorry, but your argument makes no sense, he used something that was perfectly legal at the time this isn't something he camp concocted he was perfectly honest throughout the process. He never used a banned substance period and no one pressured him to give those details. The writers are clearly nowhere near your stance as he will undoubtedly make the HOF in 2017 if not 2016 as reflected by his increasing %.

If I eat at Subway today, but eating at Subway becomes illegal tomorrow - should I be arrested for what I did today? Your argument really doesn't have any ground to stand on.

This is why I do not deal in analogies. Where we differ is, let's just look at hGH. MLB did not ban hGH until 2005 and testing for it did not start until the 2013 season. If a player comes forward and states he used hGH before 2005 and also the likelihood of continued use because of no MLB testing until 2013, then you do not consider that using PED's?

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
This is why I do not deal in analogies. Where we differ is, let's just look at hGH. MLB did not ban hGH until 2005 and testing for it did not start until the 2013 season. If a player comes forward and states he used hGH before 2005 and also the likelihood of continued use because of no MLB testing until 2013, then you do not consider that using PED's?

If he used it a single time in the time period between 2005-2013 absolutely PED use; just because someone is not caught committing a crime does not mean a crime has not been committed so to speak.
HGH to me is kind of like an area of shaded grey but in any case I am still under the feeling that if it was used prior to being put on the list of banned substances then I may have my personal feelings about the player using it, but their HOF resume should not be tainted for it.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I think a lot of it depends on how you weigh his full body of work including the playoffs and pitching as a reliever. That said I was very surprised at how it seemed basically unanimous that he was a Hall of Famer and got voted in with ease on the first ballot.

Agree

Members online