Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Picked up a 1/1 from back when they were rare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Probably overpaid on this but it's not like I could have waited for another one. Not a ton differentiates it from the patch cards in the set beyond the hand numbering on the front, and the wording on the back (which includes a mention of the card being a 1/1 in the guarantee on the back) but it's from a time when there weren't 15 1/1's for each player in each product.

$_57.JPG

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
this is the first one I've seen numbered. fellow board member has the Canseco and the difference is the in the photo on the front and the wording on the back there is no hand numbering.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
this is the first one I've seen numbered. fellow board member has the Canseco and the difference is the in the photo on the front and the wording on the back there is no hand numbering.

You are right, that's interesting. I remember the Canseco sold really low because most people didn't realize it was a 1/1 (or something like that.)

The back is unequivocal:

$_57.JPG

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

well with that said, it possible that it might have been a backdoored replacement that got out............

Sweet Pick Up Topnotchsy

Last edited:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
You are right, that's interesting. I remember the Canseco sold really low because most people didn't realize it was a 1/1 (or something like that.)

Burbank originally had it for sale for a while when they first started listing all the great inserts etc from their monster collection purchase but that was when they didn't provide photo's of the cards. They never listed it as a 1/1 so their price for what was perceived as a standard Patch card from the set was outrageous. I know the collector that bought it from them and I think it was when they sent him a scan of the card that he knew it had to be the 1/1 because the photo on the front is completely different.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Crazy to think that at one time that card was HUGE money!!!

Pulled out some old becketts and found a sale (back in 2000 or 2001) of an Arod for $5150. Yah prices dropped a bit...

Members online

Latest posts