Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albert Pujols/Matt Holliday/Yadier Molina Collector Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Just hit this and going to get it graded-- sharp as a tack!

attachment.php
attachment.php

According to the odds, there is one of these Pujols per 1000 master cases of product.

Attachments

• PUJOLS.RED.REF.HD.3.5.15BB.NS.jpg
    PUJOLS.RED.REF.HD.3.5.15BB.NS.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 61
  • PUJOLS.RED.REF.HD.3.5.B.15BB.NS.jpg
    PUJOLS.RED.REF.HD.3.5.B.15BB.NS.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 61

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
@mizzouboy

If you could, can you explain why you believe they are real? That may help :)

The card was bought at a local card shop and I have known the guy 3+ years, he would not lie about a fake autograph. The ball, was signed right in front of me at a game. It was Camera Night at the ballpark, in which fans go on the warning track and the players walk around and take pictures, sign things, etc. I happened to get lucky and got him to sign a ball. There is my explanation, please let me end this conversation right now like I planned to do a couple of posts ago!

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
The card was bought at a local card shop and I have known the guy 3+ years, he would not lie about a fake autograph. The ball, was signed right in front of me at a game. It was Camera Night at the ballpark, in which fans go on the warning track and the players walk around and take pictures, sign things, etc. I happened to get lucky and got him to sign a ball. There is my explanation, please let me end this conversation right now like I planned to do a couple of posts ago!
There's a lie. I am an usher at Busch Stadium players are not allowed to sign for anyone during photo day. Like I said had Pujols signed it in person you would have got his APS signature on a side panel. Albert Pujols would have never, never signed for a person during photo day because the players are asked not to, secondly Pujols wasn't exactly fan friendly and third there's 2500 people on the track on photo day Pujols signing would have been a mess. Pujols did not sign that in front of you during photo day. As far as the card, any one in the business of making money does not care about you or your feelings if it puts money in your pocket. You are clearly a gullible 14 year old who doesn't know how to buy a real autograph or take advice. I've collected Albert Pujols since 2002 I can spot fakes from as far as I can see them. On my old computer I had over 500 pictures of Pujols autographs that were authenticated items, because I hate fake autographs and for sure don't want to buy a fake.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
There's a lie. I am an usher at Busch Stadium players are not allowed to sign for anyone during photo day. Like I said had Pujols signed it in person you would have got his APS signature on a side panel. Albert Pujols would have never, never signed for a person during photo day because the players are asked not to, secondly Pujols wasn't exactly fan friendly and third there's 2500 people on the track on photo day Pujols signing would have been a mess. Pujols did not sign that in front of you during photo day. As far as the card, any one in the business of making money does not care about you or your feelings if it puts money in your pocket. You are clearly a gullible 14 year old who doesn't know how to buy a real autograph or take advice.

Before this, you just kinda seemed like an *******. But now, you seem like an ******* who just dropped a whammy truth nugget on someone. :)

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I have never even heard of "Photo Day"

Maybe I am wrong?

Photo Day is a real thing here in St.Louis, it is sponsored by a local camera store. The players have a very limited time to walk around and allow fans to take photos OF them some occasionally stop and take a picture with a fan or 2. It is basically a parade for fans to get close to their favorite player and get the opportunity to step on the warning track of Busch Stadium.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
They used to but I think now all they really do are the kids autograph days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Lets just end this now shall we. The OPs in person auto vs legit IP autos.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Fake Pujols.jpg
    Fake Pujols.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 43
  • aps2.jpg
    aps2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 43
  • aps1.jpg
    aps1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 59

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
^^^ Tho I am not saying what's legit / what's not legit as I am no expert, but the 2 you posted look nothing like each other. No idea how you'd be able to say the same person signed both. One has "curvy" lines and one has "sharp" lines. Very hard to be an authenticator when such different examples that are supposedly legit exist.

Ryan

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Here are 3 legit examples. The First picture signed on his legs is Steiner Authenticated, 2 the 2011 WS ball was signed in Kansas City at the hitting Clinic in 2012, 3 is from 2002 or 2003 its a Schwartz Sports (Pujols first exclusive after his Topps Reserve Autos) Authenticated 16x20. As you notice in every example, the u in Pujols and the A for Albert are very very distinctly shaped. Hes been signing a variation of his auto for 15 years now, when theres that many indicators an item is fake. Call it what its. Drops mic, [MENTION=9874]mizzouboy[/MENTION] apologize admit I am right and tell me and everyone else on here you are a liar.

Attachments

• pujolssteiner.jpg
    pujolssteiner.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 57
  • pujolsrealll'.jpg
    pujolsrealll'.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 58
  • pujolsreal.jpg
    pujolsreal.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 56

sfpd22

Aug 17, 2015
How about we see some of the Holliday and Molina collection? I'm a huge Holliday collector so let's see what you've got!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
How about we see some of the Holliday and Molina collection? I'm a huge Holliday collector so let's see what you've got!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

There is/was another big Holliday collector on here. May want to do a search and link up to see if you guys can share collections or help either out.

Ryan

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
maybe this helps, put together a while ago.

[video]http://s675.photobucket.com/user/bigapplejak/slideshow/Pujols[/video]

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
maybe this helps, put together a while ago.

[video]http://s675.photobucket.com/user/bigapplejak/slideshow/Pujols[/video]

Nice collection of Pujols. That Future Watch SP card when it came out was worth 5-8 dollars. In 2003 i sent one of those cards TTM to Albert Pujols and never got it back lol (wish I had it now). Are you in agreement with me that the signatures he posted are off from legit examples?

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
Nice collection of Pujols. That Future Watch SP card when it came out was worth 5-8 dollars. In 2003 i sent one of those cards TTM to Albert Pujols and never got it back lol (wish I had it now). Are you in agreement with me that the signatures he posted are off from legit examples?

I don't think that I would buy either of those, but i am not a big secondary market auto collector.
Steiner & UD stuff carries a HUGE premium for a reason.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014

Based on the autos alone, I wouldn't say yes or no. Based on the fact that he lied about their origin: HUGE red flag.

Members online

Latest posts