Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I think I got a good deal at my LCS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Friday I got off work a little early and decided to cruise by the LCS and check out his singles. I got these cards and wanted a few guess from people on how much they think I spent. I think two cards aren't numbered.
a904e042a2110123edcd0cd13d49bedd.jpg

e9af42817b37deb43602d9d0e56272a0.jpg

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Friday I got off work a little early and decided to cruise by the LCS and check out his singles. I got these cards and wanted a few guess from people on how much they think I spent. I think two cards aren't numbered.

My guess is $25 LCS value for the baseballers in the lot. I have no idea on NFL part of your haul as I am a factory set NFL collector only.

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
Im gonna go by ebay values. If my card store sold cards at ebay values id be very happy lol. My guess about 1.25 each on the football cards, musgrove purple about 7, nola about 4, others about 3.

Im gonna say $24 total

Last edited:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Thats exactly what I paid. Owner said he spent 80k at the national and that included major lots so he was looking to get rid of stuff

First, congrats on the haul.

Second, it's great to read that there are still people spending that kind of coin in our hobby.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I dare ask what the LCS is in Modesto now that Krier's is gone. Is the place on McHenry still there?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I dare ask what the LCS is in Modesto now that Krier's is gone. Is the place on McHenry still there?
Believe it or not it's somehow still open but there's a new one n Modestonear the mall. Jeff from kriers works there's once or twice a week. I never would tell him but I have bought cards from him since I was like 8 and they were in the mall

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011

I moved out of CA 3 years ago. Back then, Krier's was around, but a lot of sweaty nerds with gaming cards kept me away.

The guy that runs the place on McHenry is a grouchy old ****. I went in and bought packs of a prior years' Allen and Ginter. I let my wife pick the packs. He got all mad like she was pack-searching or something as he held the box. Pretty ridiculous.
[MENTION=11924]AnthonyCorona[/MENTION] im surprised there's a new shop, but that's awesome to hear.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I moved out of CA 3 years ago. Back then, Krier's was around, but a lot of sweaty nerds with gaming cards kept me away.

The guy that runs the place on McHenry is a grouchy old ****. I went in and bought packs of a prior years' Allen and Ginter. I let my wife pick the packs. He got all mad like she was pack-searching or something as he held the box. Pretty ridiculous.
[MENTION=11924]AnthonyCorona[/MENTION] im surprised there's a new shop, but that's awesome to hear.
The place on mchenry posted on Craigslist he was clearing like 2 million in inventory to get out of the business. A guy I have dealt with went to meet him from the bay area. He said the guy had 3200 boxes full of 90 upper deck/topps etc stars claiming Beckett high book of like a buck each. Dude said he was so mad he wasted 3 hours to go see junk
The guy who opened the shop in Modesto has a tremendous place in Sacramento too. Really cool dude. Come visit and we'll road trip it

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Hell, I could've told the guy from the bay area it was a waste of time. There wasn't even room to walk in there, and there were rarely modern cards.

I'm all for vintage, but the guy just had low-grade, high-priced stuff.

Next time I'm down there, we'll meet up. It may be a bit... I haven't been back since I moved to Beaverton. I do miss AT&T park.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I haven't been back since I moved to Beaverton. I do miss AT&T park.

I share your feelings about AT&T - it's amazing how bad the ballparks are in The LA area. Petco is better but the Padres are beyond awful (although they are still a few game set up on the Giants).

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Hell, I could've told the guy from the bay area it was a waste of time. There wasn't even room to walk in there, and there were rarely modern cards.

I'm all for vintage, but the guy just had low-grade, high-priced stuff.

Next time I'm down there, we'll meet up. It may be a bit... I haven't been back since I moved to Beaverton. I do miss AT&T park.
Everything in that store is way overpriced and his attitude doesn't help. Once he asked if i bought boxes and from where. I said yeah either eBay or blowout, then he had a blowout about how awful the internet is.
Wow you got some nice deals in there! Congrats.
Thank you sir
I share your feelings about AT&T - it's amazing how bad the ballparks are in The LA area. Petco is better but the Padres are beyond awful (although they are still a few game set up on the Giants).
My sister said Petco is awesome, I hope to go sometime. For now I have the Modesto Nuts and Stockton Ports

Members online